What factors you have chooses to create back links?

Discussion in 'Site / Search Engine Optimization' started by Elly, Oct 6, 2014.

Frank

Frank Affiliate Guard Dog Member

Have you tried to build a site without any? or are you just guessing?

Evil Homer

Evil Homer Member

Yep, tried both ways. Wouldn't bother posting a guess, they don't help anyone.

Frank

Frank Affiliate Guard Dog Member

I created a site "Documented at another forum" from start to it's current progress.. no backlink building just 500 quality pages of content now the site ranks high in many serps and converts like crazy it now sits along with many older competitors with thousands of backlinks, still work in progress but it does draw in thousands of visitors without using the methods you believe are necessary to rank a site in 2016..

Evil Homer

Evil Homer Member

Sounds good and as I said, I know others use this method exclusively and each to their own.

I do believe however, that if I built a site using exactly the same method as you have, and then added a number of good quality links to it, then it would outrank yours. That doesn't make either method right or wrong. As with many things in life, a happy medium might be the best solution.

All of which is still kind of off topic as the OP asked specifically about backlinks. So I'll stop there.

RyanWeb

RyanWeb Affiliate Guard Dog Member

Interesting subject.. I haven't gone out of my way to build backlinks in at least a year.. Some of my sites are doing pretty well. I have also helped friends create sites, where after publishing around 50 pages they quit and without acquiring any backlinks at all, then seem to start generating traffic around 9 months later..

I would agree that backlinks are 1 in xxx ranking factors, and including that 1 other ranking factor will likely help prop up a sites authority even further (especially high quality backlinks). Very interesting subject. With this, I would say our new goals should be to just acquire a small handful of super high quality backlinks instead of actually building an extensive backlink profile.

Vivi Fox

Vivi Fox Banned

Go to Google and type this –

Dofollow backlinks list

You will get a whole list of sites

that will allow you to backlink to them.

ARZ

ARZ Member

And what about MOZ DA, is it important?

jon44

jon44 New Member

Looking for good links with good trust flow and citation flow from majestic.