What factors you have chooses to create back links?

Frank

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to differ on that one. But in any case the question was about creating or acquiring backlinks. I do know that many people these days don't bother with links, but others do. In my opinion they are still extremely relevant and always will be, but each to their own.
Have you tried to build a site without any? or are you just guessing?

Evil Homer

Reaction score
Yep, tried both ways. Wouldn't bother posting a guess, they don't help anyone.

Frank

Reaction score
Yep, tried both ways. Wouldn't bother posting a guess, they don't help anyone.
I created a site "Documented at another forum" from start to it's current progress.. no backlink building just 500 quality pages of content now the site ranks high in many serps and converts like crazy it now sits along with many older competitors with thousands of backlinks, still work in progress but it does draw in thousands of visitors without using the methods you believe are necessary to rank a site in 2016..

Evil Homer

Reaction score
Sounds good and as I said, I know others use this method exclusively and each to their own.

I do believe however, that if I built a site using exactly the same method as you have, and then added a number of good quality links to it, then it would outrank yours. That doesn't make either method right or wrong. As with many things in life, a happy medium might be the best solution.

All of which is still kind of off topic as the OP asked specifically about backlinks. So I'll stop there.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Interesting subject.. I haven't gone out of my way to build backlinks in at least a year.. Some of my sites are doing pretty well. I have also helped friends create sites, where after publishing around 50 pages they quit and without acquiring any backlinks at all, then seem to start generating traffic around 9 months later..

I would agree that backlinks are 1 in xxx ranking factors, and including that 1 other ranking factor will likely help prop up a sites authority even further (especially high quality backlinks). Very interesting subject. With this, I would say our new goals should be to just acquire a small handful of super high quality backlinks instead of actually building an extensive backlink profile.

Vivi Fox

Banned
Reaction score
Go to Google and type this –

Dofollow backlinks list

You will get a whole list of sites

that will allow you to backlink to them.

ARZ

Reaction score
And what about MOZ DA, is it important?

jon44

Reaction score
Looking for good links with good trust flow and citation flow from majestic.

eton

Reaction score
And what about MOZ DA, is it important?

It is but now other factors like visitors, SEO visibility, ranking, TF, Spam score etc. are important.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
How about affiliate exchanging of links? is that something that works?

worke

Reaction score
I`m using Ahrefs for backlinks but in this industry you can only buy link , no one is able to exchange with you :(

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I would say our new goals should be to just acquire a small handful of super high quality backlinks instead of actually building an extensive backlink profile.

If only it were so easy. I'd gladly shell out good money for huge authority backlinks. Alas, it is damned near impossible to get them as a gambling website :(

StepGart

Reaction score
I agree, it's hard)) But it is possible.
Definitely - "ahref" is the best for analyzing backlinks

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I agree, it's hard)) But it is possible.

Well StepGart, you're new to the forums. Please enlighten us with some of the methods you use to acquire "super high quality backlinks".

It would be most helpful if you could share some wisdom with us :)

Tina

Reaction score
Well StepGart, you're new to the forums. Please enlighten us with some of the methods you use to acquire "super high quality backlinks".

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score

If what I think your alluding to is correct, then I agree ;)

@Tina - another new member, thanks PROFRBcom for post, quotes post, but leaves no response.

Maybe you'd like to add something of enlightment?

Frank

Reaction score
this thread is pretty old, I have noticed a decline in potency in links this year.. anybody else seeing that?

StepGart

Reaction score

Hi,

Luckily, Nathan Gotch and Brian Dean did it. Their articles selectively describe methods for obtaining backlinks (from simple to exotic). From my own observations (if anyone is interested), links from vacancies, job sites, resumes, designer portfolios, podcasts, infographics, video hosting sites have been working lately.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
does any of you work with link exchange from other affiliate friends?