September 2022 Core Update

NPM

Reaction score
Ok, seems like they are making some last corrections or so. During the past 3 days my rankings have gone up big time and almost recovered to the point before the core update started so all hope is not lost! A good reminder to just keep your head down and focus on day-to-day tasks and quality during these uncertainties.

Motz

Reaction score
Ok, seems like they are making some last corrections or so. During the past 3 days my rankings have gone up big time and almost recovered to the point before the core update started so all hope is not lost! A good reminder to just keep your head down and focus on day-to-day tasks and quality during these uncertainties.
Quality has nothing to do with it. Almost all big quality sites I monitor have tanked. It's almost as if this latest update was anti gambling.

Barts

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Quality has nothing to do with it. Almost all big quality sites I monitor have tanked. It's almost as if this latest update was anti gambling.

What kind of website are taking over the top positions in the SERP if all gambling websites are tanking? General high authority news websites?

For us impressions are down 40%-50% and clicks around 15%. 1-2 weeks before the update we got our best days with big traffic growth. For another very small niche website the opposite happens. Clicks up a bit up and impressions almost doubled.

So biggest change for us is only the impressions.

AleksUnder

Reaction score
Google said that they finished yesterday 2 updates (product and core). Impressions are growing, and I hope that clicks and average position will follow them))
I hope all is good with your sites.

Motz

Reaction score
Judging from the posts here it seems Google did some sort of switcharoo and boosted small sites while tanking bigger sites.

edgarf76

Reaction score
Looking at this latest update, it almost appears as a crackdown on gambling sites. Many big sites have tanked by a large amount. It's almost ridiculous how much it has affected the positions and traffic.
I looks to be benefiting hotel review sites like Tripadvisor. It may be hitting your site depending on if you are using the correct schema and the quality of your reviews. Look into those and you should be able to identify the problem.

Motz

Reaction score
Google is so shit. Their tweaks etc is just fun and games to these clowns. Search results still looks like trash with spam sites and black hat seo sites and paid links. It's total bullshit lol.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
What have you guys seen (positive or negative) with the March 2023 Core Update?
here's my experiences so far, and it's complicated, based on 3 sites

site 1 - hit in January with the helpful content update badly. damage reversed in the product reviews update. core update announced and slight jump in rankings which again reversed yesterday

site 2 - absolutely smashed in the helpful content update in Jan (along with site 3, both hacked with tonnes of spam content added). homepage pretty much thrown out the SERPS, even for main keyword, exact domain name as well. core update announced and main keyword appears on page 6, not much else appearing but at least it has stuck so far.

site 3 - same as 2 hacked wise, suspect that was the reason both got hammered, exact match domain went from page 1 to 13 and most other phrases lobbed out of SERPS. slight improvement to page 6 during product reviews update but slowly reversed and back to page 13. currently absolutely nothing in regards to the core update.

Barts

Reaction score
Is it only me or have others also sites where nothing is happening (yet) with this update? Everything is kinda stable.

Motz

Reaction score
Spiked inititally, then went down a little bit and now spiked again. So far this update has worked wonders for me :p

Frank

Reaction score
very positive for me.. and every day just keeps geting better, form experience when you are affected positive or negative its not just on inital rollout but your site will carry on growing or dropping until the next updates.

Motz

Reaction score
Mine has spiked like crazy. Which is only fair because it dropped significantly way back after one of the updates and instead helped shit affiliate sites, blackhat seo sites, sites that buy links etc. Hopefully Google is learning.

NPM

Reaction score
During the last couple updates our smaller sites with little emphasis spiked and large content sites with daily care went down. Now this March 23 Core Update clearly has turned things upside down in favor of older and content heavy sites from our perspective.