RA/CR Audit???

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
are you kidding me. I've asked questions in the forum and all but had to beg for a reply.

Let me know what you mean and I'll try to improve that. I answer where I can, I know that. I am fairly sure everyone else answers the questions they can as well.

slotplayer

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you mean and I'll try to improve that. I answer where I can, I know that. I am fairly sure everyone else answers the questions they can as well.

well here's one - there's a few more where I was dismissed.

https:// www. affiliateguarddog. com/forums/how-everyone-doing-brighshare-t4534.html

FictionNet

Reaction score
I know I'm not exactly an established poster here and so my opinion probably (quite fairly) carries a limited amount of weight but I want it on record that I don't think Dave should have been banned.

Yes, I accept take into account alot of things - including he has (I think) been banned before and I fully accept that I have not personally had a 'run in' with Dave and if I had, perhaps I'd feel differently - but I think this banning was very premature, to say the least.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run their own forum. Or maybe I am. But I think we just lost an asset.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
well here's one - there's a few more where I was dismissed.

https:// www. affiliateguarddog. com/forums/how-everyone-doing-brighshare-t4534.html

????????? The rep came in and made herself available to you and everyone? The last post was from her and no one answered back...

Not sure what the problem with the thread is. When I see a rep making the last post and no one has anything to say about it, I would assume everyone is content with the answer.

As far as Dave's banning goes - the same thing happened here that I assume happened at all the other boards that ended up making that decision. Months of complaints and a load of people quitting coming here. I know I was bombed with complaints, and these were from affiliates who were upset as can be. They didn't care to defend themselves or take part in any flames, so didn't post. They just quit posting alltogether for fear of being attacked and let me know why.

No one should have to worry about being attacked for posting. It's just not right. Some people thrive on confrontations, others just don't like them. It ends up being like a bully keeps students from going to school alltogether.

Plus I spent probably more time dealing with complaints about Dave than I spent looking at T&C's for you. And that's just me, I must assume that Andy got a lot more of that than I did. I don't tend to make myself publicly available like Andy does, I am too busy making it myself in the current business environment.

I like Dave, I have known him for some 10+ years. And he does bring up a lot of valid points and worthy causes. But he also leaves a lot of innocent casualties in his wake. I truly wish he could continue to contribute, but I also wish the people who left because of him would continue to contribute.

Ok, laugh at me, I just said in so many ways "why can't we all just get along?"

I didn't make the decision to ban, but, if this was my board, I don't know what I would do. Probably the same that other board owners and surely Andy did - talk to Dave and try to make it work.

In the end, you face an unsavory decision - who are you going to piss off? Because no matter what you do, or if you do nothing, people are going to be pissed off. You can't fix it, and you can't hide from it.

One way or the other, you risk a mass exodus of posters. And it's the posters who make the board.

AGD is a not for profit place. Andy has poured a ton of money into coding to create programs to monitor T&Cs. Money he can ill afford with a growing family. Money he will likely never recover.

The rest of us here mostly just donate time, some of us also put in some money to keep things going. We are not a business, and we don't have a complaint department to deal with a lot of fall-out from posters who have been attacked or are afraid to post.

We all have limited time and need to spend it reviewing T&Cs so maybe one day we can get caught up and cover most programs. People forget that this is non profit, and that it involves things other than just running a message board.

Maybe AGD shouldn't even have a message board and just simply provide the info it gathers. But I would think it beneficial for people to be able to discuss these things on site.

Anyway, I just thought I'd provide you with some more insight into what goes on at AGD, and what caused the banning decision.

For my part, I will miss Dave's input. After 10 years, he has become a part of it all for me. But I won't miss being contacted by angry or insulted people and putting out the fires where I can.

And really, EVERYONE should feel free to post.

slotplayer

Reaction score
The rep came in and made herself available to you and everyone? The last post was from her and no one answered back...

look at the dates, I had to bump it and it only after Marcia came in that anyone got involved except one person.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
look at the dates, I had to bump it and it only after Marcia came in that anyone got involved except one person.

I thought the same as Dom, sorry for that. I can give it a look on Monday if you want?

bonustreak

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone is frustrated these days, we are all working way more then we had to work in the past, I admit I was spoiled by not working in the summer, this yr I worked every single day taking no time off to spend with family other then 1 wk, even then I was in bed working on my lap top.

This is the time to stick together have real issues being discussed without the fear of being attacked, personal threats via pm's etc( I am not saying this happened in Dave's case, just saying in general) we need AM & program reps to feel they can come post here without being attacked.

I am sorry Dave is a nice guy, has great intentions along with very valid points but he has been given way more chances by Andy then I would have given him.
As Dom said there so many complaints being sent by so many members, a decision had to be made. I back Andy on what he has done.

are you kidding me. I've asked questions in the forum and all but had to beg for a reply.

Yes I will admit I am so guilty of not answering threads, questions on time or at all and I can only apologize but I have to and MUST attend to my business first and for most, I have to earn a living! We do this as a non profit site as Dom mentioned, the team at AGD has not taken a dime in all the yrs it has ran & never will our passion is not about money. Now with that said this is a community and what happens in a community is we ALL help each other, if you see something that has not been answered by a Mod, you know the answer then please we would be grateful :) Even more grateful if you see that an AM has not addressed an issue and your in good favor with them maybe point them in the direction of the thread, if that fails just send someone on staff a PM here we will get to it asap!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
no big deal - just frustrated over the way things are going these days.

I picked up 2 whales and lost them both.

ugh. I hate that. I had 2-4 whales at Brightshare (depending upon your definition, of course) and lost them all due to UIGEA :( Not Brightshare's fault at all, but sucked for me!

Let me know if you want me to get involved in that thread, I re-read and do not quite understand what I should do at this point.

slotplayer

Reaction score
ugh. I hate that. I had 2-4 whales at Brightshare (depending upon your definition, of course) and lost them all due to UIGEA :( Not Brightshare's fault at all, but sucked for me!

Let me know if you want me to get involved in that thread, I re-read and do not quite understand what I should do at this point.

thanks, my big players are not at Brighshare.
I don't know whats going on there. I had picked up 6 players in August and good a frequent player from April but they've all moved on. Nothing since.

None of the USA players that were redirected bit on the JPC $10 ND in 13 months.:)