Right mouse click

roey

From Pandora.
Reaction score
Hi,

Should I keep right mouse click on my site or remove it? that is the question. (and why)

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would keep it -- there isn't really a good reason to disable it, IMO. I use right click all the time to open links in a new window. I can't remember the last time I came across a site where right click wouldn't work -- it's been years.

If you are worried about content theft, disabling right click won't stop a determined thief.

I would just keep it simple and leave it alone, and focus more on things that will increase your revenue. ;D

LandofOz

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I'd keep it. It doesn't harm the site and would deter at least some content thieves.

Vladi

Reaction score
I cannot understand why you would want to do something that will annoy a small percentage of your visitors, yet do almost nothing to stop someone from stealing an image which has already been downloaded into their browser cache by the time they have seen it. You certainly don't need a right click to steal the text on the page as any idiot can highlight with a mouse and copy with their keyboard or browser menu, and "pro" thieves aren't scraping your site one page at a time with their mouse.

roey

From Pandora.
Reaction score
lol, my retired mother my showed me the cache trick when she didn't want to pay $18 per Disney photo, it's a great tool i forgot about.

Roulette Zeitung

Reaction score
For me...
After excessive use of the mouse the right button is the only one that still works anyway.
smilie_girl_069.gif

roey

From Pandora.
Reaction score
I'm a player too, at least i think that's what you mean?