[RESOLVED] Just wondering about listed websites?

paulajardine

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I just checked to see how my listed website looked on the new forum but when I go to the link where my website was listed on the old forum https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/websites/paulajardine it says error, This user is not active enough to have websites listed. I had everything there before so I am just wondering if I need more posts now on the new forum to have a listed website, or if that feature was taken away?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, I'll have to figure this out in the morning - sorry for that!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking into it with developer. Yes, this is a modified base template and since DP was their first big player - I am sure it was created with their input :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
The websites should be working now :)

paulajardine

Reaction score
Yes I see it seems to be working now, well if you posted enough last month that is. It says the following for mine:

NOTE: Website Listsings reduced due to inactivity in the forums. A minimum post count of 5 posts per month is required to activate full listings (including links, keywords and website profile pages). Your current post count last month was: 1

* Just an FYI also that "Listings" is spelled wrong :p

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I see it seems to be working now, well if you posted enough last month that is. It says the following for mine:

NOTE: Website Listsings reduced due to inactivity in the forums. A minimum post count of 5 posts per month is required to activate full listings (including links, keywords and website profile pages). Your current post count last month was: 1

* Just an FYI also that "Listings" is spelled wrong :p

Where do you see that message at? Just curious. I'll figure out where to change that piece, probably is in the codebase somewhere :( That is the correct functionality, but that message is supposed to come in an Alert or email.

paulajardine

Reaction score
I see it when I go here https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/websites/paulajardine/

I attached a screen shot so you can see it yourself.
agd.jpg

Attachments

• agd.jpg
    agd.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 82

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, gotcha. Text is fixed and that IS the way it is supposed to work ;) Sorry.

It shows only for you, not for anyone else.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
ha :) well, good point! Just kidding. That was one of my ideas to give benefit back to those who are here often. It's not a massive requirement - it is set at 10 posts per month (FYI).

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
That makes sense, but what happened to the link to 'my websites' that used to appear under the Members name in each thread?

That will have to be re-added. It is in the profile section now instead.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
The websites link is now under your avatar in each post.

Pikahontas

Reaction score
So if I want my website in my profile and signature I need to post at least 10 times per month?

Pikahontas

Reaction score
I would like also to attach my screenshot . There is 0 posts counted. But indeed this month I was active with my questions to the community. Im a newbie but I would like to get backlink from the forum coz I'll live here as I've started CEO.

It`s my main issue getting free backlinks for my website coz of very limited budget. This is the topic where I asked all of you for some advice Thanks in adv. for solving this!

Oh I even cant put a link to this forums topics :( what is a link building strategy - theme of the topic

CygX1

Reaction score
@Pikahontas I do not think there is an exact amount of posts that needs to be made but the overall engagement and impression that counts. After a new member has participated in the forum for a while and made some useful contributions to the community, they will be able to post links as well.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct from everyone... At AGD we try to give back by having members contribute. We are more about helping each other out here and having a professional place to ask, answer, and share. If a member contributes with quality posts (i.e., not stuff like "agree" or "you are right" or other nonsense) - they will have upgraded benefits. I like to see it as a win-win scenario. AGD and the membership gets another quality member, the member gets some SEO benefit.