Melbourne Australia Terror Attack

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by AussieDave, Dec 21, 2017.

AussieDave

AussieDave 17 years & still going!

Shay likes this.
    LandofOz

LandofOz Affiliate Guard Dog Member

I feel so sorry for those affected, especially the children. Very heartbreaking.

Shay likes this.
    RazorGamer

RazorGamer Affiliate Guard Dog Member

Yes, this is very sad news indeed, to say the very least! :(

DaftDog

DaftDog Affiliate Guard Dog Member

Horrible incident. It's sad how some people can become so brainwashed by radical interpretations of their religion. :(

AussieDave and Shay like this.
    AussieDave

AussieDave 17 years & still going!

Both the police and Media are now playing it down as a guy with mental and drug issues, who was known to police.

What's odd here though, is the other guy who was arrested. He was also of Middle Eastern appearance, standing on the steps of Flinders Street Station acting suspiciously. It was originally reported he was taking photos/videos of the entire incident, as it commenced. A search of his bag found a cache of knives.

24 hours later, and the Spin Doctors have take over o_O

Police say the man who crashed his car into Melbourne pedestrians yesterday has blamed "the mistreatment of Muslims" for "some of his activities".

Comments like that makes me laugh... Especially when there are place in Melbourne and Sydney were if your not Muslim, then it's a no-go-zone. In these type of areas, there is no intention to fit into Australian way of life. Of course there seems to be no issues about receiving copious handouts from Gov., Welfare Depts., and alike.

I'm not racist, I'll talk to anyone, and treat anyone (regardless of sex, colour or creed) with the same respect as a fellow (born here) Aussie. All I expect is the same respect returned.

Edit:
    After thought... An almost identical incident occurred 12months previously, where another guy used his car to mow down pedestrians, in CBD of Melbourne. That guy (Australian decent) apparently was on bail, and also had mental and drug issues. After that happened, large concrete bollards were installed all over the CBD.

Point is... nothing about IS was mentioned when the 1'st guy did it. Yet, with this 2'nd incident, the police and the media have gone into a rant about how they've foiled multiple plans to commit IS terror attacks in Australia. Why even mention that if this 2'nd incident has no connection to IS and or a Terror Attack???!!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Shay likes this.