Football teams and predictions

AidanLCFC

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Seeing as the football season is now underway might as well do a thread on it. Who's everyone's teams and where do you think they'll finish?
I'm from Leicester and was born 5 minutes walk from the old Filbert Street ground so have always supported Leicester City. Big season expected from most of our fans, including me although losing Harry Maguire was a big loss for us. I'm hoping for a top 6 finish this season, would love another Euro run next season.
So who are your teams and how do you think you'll do this season?

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
I'm not too far away from you in sunny Stoke. I support Stoke and have no expectation what so ever again this season. Maybe a place between 6 and 12.

we had an awful few seasons like that in the championship in the mid 2000's when I used to have season tickets. went 1 whole calendar year not seeing a home win. remember playing brighton at home one cold tuesday night, all my mates were working away but thought if i didnt go on my own i'd miss a 4-0 drubbing, fuck me it was one of the moost boring 0-0's i ever saw, summed up that horrible period

bettingappguide

Reaction score
we had an awful few seasons like that in the championship in the mid 2000's when I used to have season tickets. went 1 whole calendar year not seeing a home win. remember playing brighton at home one cold tuesday night, all my mates were working away but thought if i didnt go on my own i'd miss a 4-0 drubbing, fuck me it was one of the moost boring 0-0's i ever saw, summed up that horrible period
Things are a bit different for you now. I'd like to see Leicester get in top 6. At UTD's expense......

bettingappguide

Reaction score
Things are a bit different for you now. I'd like to see Leicester get in top 6. At UTD's expense......

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
The only team for me is Arsenal as I live about 1 1/2 miles away all my life. Very frustrating the last few seasons where everyone knows the problem area (defence) but those in the charge keep turning a blind eye. If we manage top 4 it will be a massive achievment. I though I would never say those words but that is where we are at.

Even the team that was put out against Newcastle looked very weak in my opinion but somehow they managed to get a result.

Reaction score
I support Chelsea, bit tough start to the season. But actually they have had 30 bad minutes in these two opening games so I still have a good feeling. Hopefully the board will have some patience this season and use this time to use the young lads. But qualifying for CL this season would be a bonus to me tbh.

Leicester looks exciting despite the lost of maguire, and for that sum they could spend some next transfer window. But I reckon Everton and Wolverhampton could be to tough in the race for top 6.

Gamblerspro.com

Reaction score
It's going to be between them and City for sure. No one else can come anywhere near them
If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd have my money on LFC this season. But yes, if anyone is going to upset us (yet again) it will be Man City.

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
So two games in who has impressed you the most?
For me personally I am happy with the two wins but could easily gone the other way.
City just look like they can move up another gear at anytime and with so many natural goalscorers in the team they look like they will finish top again. There are plenty of teams that are capable of taking points of the big boys and for that reason feel it will be tighter come the finish.

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
Chelsea look like one of those teams that could do very well when they have their full squad but I can see them dropping points as they did against Leicester much to Aidan's delight.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Chelsea look like one of those teams that could do very well when they have their full squad but I can see them dropping points as they did against Leicester much to Aidan's delight.

yeah, I went as well and thought we played well, especially 2nd half. Had a couple of chances to win it as well