Fastest Way To Get Pages Indexed?

casdir

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I've been using Pingomatic to get Googlebot to visit new pages after I upload them, but the indexing of my new pages is still very slow. Is Pingomatic the best way to get indexed faster, or is there a better way? I'm a bit baffled because I know people who own Wordpress websites, and their new pages get cached within 15 minutes. Is it possible to produce the same results with HTML websites?

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using Pingomatic to get Googlebot to visit new pages after I upload them, but the indexing of my new pages is still very slow. Is Pingomatic the best way to get indexed faster, or is there a better way? I'm a bit baffled because I know people who own Wordpress websites, and their new pages get cached within 15 minutes. Is it possible to produce the same results with HTML websites?

Pingomatic works, keep using it. Wordpress websites don't get cached within 15 minutes on day 1. You have to continue posting at regular intervals for this to happen. Same with your site, you will have to post NEW content, then ping it... with this comes Google and quicker indexing.

ThePOGG

Reaction score
My experience with crawl rates and cashing is that the more often a page has serious updates the more often it is crawled and the quicker new updates (and hence new pages linked from it) are cashed. Looking at webmaster's tools going by the number of pages crawled/day i could say that google is crawling every page on my site approximately once a day. However, given that some pages are updated multiple times a day, some weekly, some monthly and some never i would suspect that the more frequently updated pages are crawled far more regularly and the less frequently updated pages are crawled far less regularly, producing a average that approximately equals the number of pages on the site. This is supported by looking at the cashed image of my homepage regularly and finding it's usually only 6 hours behind.

casdir

Reaction score
This thread has been a real eye opener for me. I'm glad I came here to ask about page indexing, and I appreciate the great responses. I've been experimenting with adding new content more often, and using Pingomatic, but it hasn't made much difference in the short term. But I can definitely see it starting to make a difference long term, as Google is now getting faster at indexing my new pages. My friend who has experienced caching of new pages in 15 minutes is frequently creating new content, generally multiple times each day. His results are not typical, and have absolutely nothing to do with Wordpress or Pingomatic. You were 100% right Guard Dog :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread has been a real eye opener for me. I'm glad I came here to ask about page indexing, and I appreciate the great responses. I've been experimenting with adding new content more often, and using Pingomatic, but it hasn't made much difference in the short term. But I can definitely see it starting to make a difference long term, as Google is now getting faster at indexing my new pages. My friend who has experienced caching of new pages in 15 minutes is frequently creating new content, generally multiple times each day. His results are not typical, and have absolutely nothing to do with Wordpress or Pingomatic. You were 100% right Guard Dog :)

Glad I could help. When I was doing the mentor program here at AGD, I would give the webmasters in the program a schedule of how and when they must post on their blogs. It was a very important factor in getting their content indexed and higher in the SERPS. Worked very well for those who followed the posting pattern :)

bingofind

Reaction score
If you are not planning to post news articles on your website on a daily basis, then the best and easiest way to get your new pages indexed is to bookmark them via
social media. You can use anyone you want, but Twitter, Stumbleupon and Facebook are always a good start.

baldidiot

Reaction score
In GWT you can use the 'fetch as googlebot' tool to submit a page to the index. It's not instant but most of the time the page is in googles cache within a day. I mainly use it when launching a new site - I fetch the homepage and then use the 'submit with linked pages' option. Gets the whole site indexed in a day or so.

Jaz

Reaction score
It's funny you mention Wordpress because if you are using it, you don't need to worry about pinging manually as you publish new posts at all. It is already being done for you automatically. If you go to "Settings" -> "Writing" in your wp-admin and scroll to the bottom of the page you will find a section "Update Services". Pingomatic should already be in the list unless you are running an extremely deprecated version of Wordpress. You could even add more services to the list if they are supported and you are not satisfied with Pingomatic.

Personally I wouldn't worry about getting pages/posts indexed at all, especially if the site itself is already indexed, Wordpress or not. They will get indexed when they will get indexed, usually in a day or two tops. I'd rather use my valuable time elsewhere where it has greater impact on the success of my business, such as commenting here :)

Tyrkir

Reaction score
Place a link on a site which is frequently visited by G and they will learn about your site with the next crawl.

Roulette Zeitung

Reaction score
Hello,

register an account by Google Webmaster Tools and create a Google sitemap.

Leopold