AussieDave MIA

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
The stent is removed a few days later, under a twilight sedative.
Don't drink any liquids for a few hours leading up to this removal as you will probably have to make a few emergency stops along the side of the road on the way back home. You may experience some "loss of control" for a few hours. ;)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
You may experience some "loss of control" for a few hours. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up, mate :)

Just asking (on your experience but not implying anything), should I safe guard with incontinence pads???

Partner's car seats are material. While she 'loves me to the moon and back', doubt that extends to seat pissing :D

BTW... was there much blood in your urine after the procedure? I've heard you can piss blood for a few hours...

Last edited:

DaftDog

Reaction score
Unless you can make frequent stops along the side of the road to relieve yourself incontinence pads may be a good idea to save those material seats. About the blood, I can't really remember, if there was it probably was not that scary.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Update - surgery is scheduled for the 14'th June. I'll be kept in overnight, and then it's only a wait till I get the stent removed. Which, been told could be matter of days, or up to 2 weeks, depending upon when all the zapped stone(s) pieces are passed. I guess a little bit more discomfort is on the cards. But least not to the extent (or pain) I've currently endured.

melcb

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish you all the best for surgery day, good to hear things are progressing and hopefully you will recover speedily.

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
Hopefully, the pain will only be temporary and any extra discomfort will be worth going through to get to a no pain situation.

Best of luck and see you after the surgery in the thick of conversations here.

Vargoso

Reaction score
Get well soon mate. I have heard that is very painful at the beginning! When you finish all the process get some beers to celebrate :)

LandofOz

Reaction score
I only just heard about this. I hope you get better very soon, and thanks for the info about coke. I had no idea that it can do that to you.

PaaskeUK

Reaction score
Hope all goes well mate and you get better asap. I remember when my appendix burst oh man operation and weeks after was life in hell :(

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Had the OP, and I'm still in hospital.

Least to say I'm literally pissing a river of wee/blood mixture. And the pain of the stent, every time I pee, has me seeing stars. I'm on an insane array of drugs.

Anyway, maybe discharged Monday, if I stop pissing blood and what not.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Feeling a tad better today, least my kidney has stopped feel like it's being ripped out of my back every time I pee :D
Been told stent stays in for 2 weeks. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Thanks everyone for your support and good wishes!