AussieDave MIA

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I should post a quick message to say I've not been well lately. Some of you may think... OK Dave but that's nothing new!

lo-fn-l :D

All jokes aside... A kidney stone has been found lodge in my urinary tract (operation is pending). I've also had a nasty infection, which to date, my Dr still has no idea what it is (still awaiting further test results).

I've been on pain meds, and haven't felt like doing much of anything.

Figured I'd be missed at some point, here. Hence the post.

Cheers

Dave

Alexisss

Reaction score
I've also had a nasty infection, which to date, my Dr still has no idea what it is (still awaiting further test results).

I had a "nasty infection" as well once - my Dr concluded it was Buffalo group
Jokes aside - Wish you a speedy recovery pal!

BetOnlineUK

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I saw an article at the weekend about how sugary drinks caused kidney stones and they supplied an image which was not very nice, to say the least. I hope you get yours cleared up soon Dave.

RazorGamer

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this :( I hope you get well soon, Dave.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I saw an article at the weekend about how sugary drinks caused kidney stones and they supplied an image which was not very nice, to say the least.

If it's the same image... my partner's sister, kindly (being totally sarcastic) sent her the pic. It's not a pleasant view!

Cola, especially Coke-Cola regardless if it's sugar or not (something in its formula) which, if you drink enough of it, will likely produce kidney stones. Used to consume about 7lt of it a week. I've stopped now, but have horrid withdrawal symptoms.

My dad used to drink heaps of Coke. He had a massive operation back in the 70's, for stones. Sported a scar from his left kidney practically right round to his belly button.

Thankfully they use laser these days, or keyhole, if they're really bad.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Get well mate, you will also benefit from drinking that much less coke!

melcb

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Get well soon Dave, I was going to start my own thread about you being MIA.

DaftDog

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your kidney stones. I know that they can be bloody painful as I have passed one or two over the years. About five years ago I ended up in hospital too, as the stone had become lodged. I ended up in surgery where they put me under and inserted some contraption via my willy to remove the bugger. :eek:

Could your infection be related to your kidney stone?

All the best and I wish you a speedy recovery.

ps: thought you had been a bit quiet lately, assumed you where working on a new project.

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Indeed, speedy recovery Dave. Hope everything passes smoothly and you are back to normal soon.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I know that they can be bloody painful as I have passed one or two over the years. About five years ago I ended up in hospital too, as the stone had become lodged. I ended up in surgery where they put me under and inserted some contraption via my willy to remove the bugger. :eek:

Could your infection be related to your kidney stone?

I've passed a couple before, so I know that feeling. You'd never think they could be so intensely painful. 1 got stuck in my bladder back in 2015, fortunately hospital staff managed to flush it out. That was about 5mm and jagged (akin to an alien space-rock). This one however is larger, and with about a 10% chance of passing it, my day is mostly spent off-my-tree on pain meds.

Touch wood, the last two days have been relatively pain free. Hence why I'm posting :)

The unknown infection... Well... that's a totally separate issue, but starting to point to a parasite. Something I ate maybe, no gastro but lets just say it hasn't been a pleasant experience.

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
Cola, especially Coke-Cola regardless if it's sugar or not (something in its formula) which, if you drink enough of it, will likely produce kidney stones. Used to consume about 7lt of it a week. I've stopped now, but have horrid withdrawal symptoms.

I love an ice cold Coke (diet) but it is only one or two a week after a game of golf, but I think I will stick to water instead.

It is amazing that a soft drink can be so distructive in larger amounts. Kids of today are going to be in trouble in early adult life.

Get better soon Dave.

NDG

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your health issues. I know that kidney stones can be quite painful. I rushed
my father to the emergency room in the middle of the night for a kidney stone.. many years back.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
It's too bad you guys don't have that option there !

They still use ultrasound here for smaller stones. However, it's more common to find the urologist (surgeon) using a laser, which is attached to a small camera - that instrument is feed up my willy, and the stones are zapped. Then a temporary stent left in there, so I can (without pain) piss out the minute bits and pieces.

The stent is removed a few days later, under a twilight sedative.

Other than that, they also can make a small keyhole at the kidney, insert a cage like tool, and pluck each stone out.

It's certainly not a major surgery procedure here anymore :)