Where is AussieDave

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope everyone, including your family, friends and colleagues, have all stayed safe and well, through these trying times of COVID-19. And, that your keeping in contact with friends et al, just to make sure, they're in a happy head space.

Over the last week or so, I've received a few PM and emails asking if I'm OK. My friends haven't seen me posting, hence reached out to check in. Everything is fine.

Instead of my usual status quo of sitting in front of this PC working day in, day out, I'm taking some time out. I've been a busy-bee gardening (planted a veggie patch), going ape with the Karcher (high pressure spray), the driveway, pavers and windows - the entire house looks brand new.

Even splashed out and bought a 4x4 Jeep. The convertible bmer isn't something you use to go fishing in, huh :D

Ironically, if it wasn't for COVID-19, none of these activities would have happened.

Anyway, we are all well over here.

Thanks to those who have reached out to check in on me!

Cheers

Dave

AidanLCFC

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
real strange times at the moment. Ive been really getting into my exercising again. Do a 3-4 mile dog walk every morning then Tuesday I do a 4 mile run and Friday a long one, did 13.19 miles this Friday. Then Monday, Wednesday and Thursday I do a heavy weight session in my gym. Really dropped my alcohol intake as well which has helped although I got hammered this weekend so feel shite this morning

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
Golf and walking home from work was my main stay of exercise. Played golf for the first time in 4 months yesterday and to say my body aches is an understatement. I was sore by the time I got to the 13th hole. So the plan is to get out for a few walks this week, supplemented by a session or two on the bike. Plus a few weight exercises.

It is funny that stuff that has been put off over many years are now getting done. Shame it takes a pandemic to do it

Good to have you back though Dave.

baldidiot

Reaction score
Ah man, I thought this was going to be a custom "where's wally" type thing featuring aussie dave!

baldidiot

Reaction score
I know what you mean though. We've actually been busier during lockdown than we were before, not quite sure how that happened. I thought we'd spend half our time on the sofa watching netflix but we're actually way behind on the normal shows we follow.

What jeep did you go for - new or classic? We want to buy a country escape in the not too distant future for when London gets too crazy (or when lockdown #2 comes!) and I'm bugging the wife to get something with a bit of land that we can plant a wood on. Don't know why, just seems like a fun thing to do... Anyway, we've been talking about getting an old jeep for that.

baldidiot

Reaction score
real strange times at the moment. Ive been really getting into my exercising again. Do a 3-4 mile dog walk every morning then Tuesday I do a 4 mile run and Friday a long one, did 13.19 miles this Friday. Then Monday, Wednesday and Thursday I do a heavy weight session in my gym. Really dropped my alcohol intake as well which has helped although I got hammered this weekend so feel shite this morning

Dang son, you're going to be jacked by the end of lockdown!

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Dang son, you're going to be jacked by the end of lockdown!

past couple of years i've been trying to keep on top of fitness and my weight, I'd let myself slip and had got to over 15st and this year I've kept it up to keep at least under 14st. I'm holding around the 13st 8lb mark of late and losing fat and replacing it with muscle so basically just changing shape. Not been in this good shape for a good few years, really enjoying it at the moment

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Working from home for me meant getting my social life from visiting restaurants, and going out often... Since the lockdown, I have also been spending a ton of extra time outside, working out (as usual) but doing a lot more hiking, walking, and a lot less eating and drinking as well.

Its not all been bad, its what you make of it. Working online anyway, other then shopping, bars and restaurants being shut down, life has been more normal for me then most I guess.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Working from home for me meant getting my social life from visiting restaurants, and going out often... Since the lockdown, I have also been spending a ton of extra time outside, working out (as usual) but doing a lot more hiking, walking, and a lot less eating and drinking as well.

Its not all been bad, its what you make of it. Working online anyway, other then shopping, bars and restaurants being shut down, life has been more normal for me then most I guess.

fully understand that, my wife is now working from home and finding it a bit hard at times with no work friends etc. to me apart from going to the pub and seeing my mates when I want not much has changed for me

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
What jeep did you go for - new or classic?

Opted for the Cherokee. The Grand Cherokee's a nice ride, but didn't need all the extras.

Had a fantastic (sarcasm) Monday. Driving bmer to get new shockers (Bilstein B6) added, and smoke starts pouring out the rear. Thought I'd blown the turbos. Then the iDrive pops up the transmission warning. Made it to a side street. Transmission fluid sprayed everywhere. Had to tray truck to Mechanics. Turns out a transmission pipe, which connects to the aftermarket trans cooler, burst. The pipe isn't expensive, BUT the fluid is kinda pricey.

Good it didn't happen Sunday, were at Barossa Valley (wine region - https://www.barossa.com/visit), about 80km from home.

Yes, we're fortune here in South Australia that COVID-19 restrictions etc., etc., haven't hit us too hard. And, we're now allow to travel within the state boundaries.

Last edited:

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
@baldidiot - is that the going cost of them over there? If so, they're dirt cheap here.
£4K would get you a decent one with far less mileage.

baldidiot

Reaction score
Tbh I have no idea, that was just a random search to show the type I meant.

baldidiot

Reaction score
Just been thinking after I posted yesterday, has anyone heard from Webzcas (Dave) for a while? Not seen him here for a fair while I think?

He sold up and left the business I think.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
He sold up and left the business I think.

well fair plays to him then, especially what happened to him with the law thing. that was what got me thinking about him. hope he got a decent price, he was a decent bloke on these forums

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Just been thinking after I posted yesterday, has anyone heard from Webzcas (Dave) for a while? Not seen him here for a fair while I think?

Dave and I were speaking on a regular basis (Skype), until the covid-19 outbreak. We touched base a couple of weeks ago, and planned a catch up. However, isolation and everything else added to that, including our time zones, that chat didn't happen.

What happened to him with the AE (Affiliate Edge) court fiasco, certainly didn't help. What he's been up to and what not, I'll leave to Dave to answer himself, if he happens to see this thread :)

Nothing to do with Dave... but just wanted to add this.

Those of us who are old-timers or have least being doing this since 'affiliates looked out for other affiliates', there's been a noticeable shift in that mindset.

I've just come from reading a post at the GPWA, where, a (new breed) private member knew about the closure of River Affiliates back in December 2019, yet didn't tell a soul about it. This came to light from an affiliate who can't contact the program, and their links are all dead. http://www.gpwa.org/forum/river-affiliates-disappeared-without-notice-252342.html

For what it's worth...Those of us who embraced the old ways, should try not to let that mindset die out. Thankfully there are still affiliates who give a toss about their peers ;)

Last edited:

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Dave and I were speaking on a regular basis (Skype), until the covid-19 outbreak. We touched base a couple of weeks ago, and planned a catch up. However, isolation and everything else added to that, including our time zones, that chat didn't happen.

What happened to him with the AE (Affiliate Edge) court fiasco, certainly didn't help. What he's been up to and what not, I'll leave to Dave to answer himself, if he happens to see this thread :)

Nothing to do with Dave... but just wanted to add this.

Those of us who are old-timers or have least being doing this since 'affiliates looked out for other affiliates', there's been a noticeable shift in that mindset.

I've just come from reading a post at the GPWA, where, a (new breed) private member knew about the closure of River Affiliates back in December 2019, yet didn't tell a soul about it. This came to light from an affiliate who can't contact the program, and their links are all dead. http://www.gpwa.org/forum/river-affiliates-disappeared-without-notice-252342.html

For what it's worth...Those of us who embraced the old ways, should try not to let that mindset die out. Thankfully there are still affiliates who give a toss about their peers ;)

give him my best next time you speak please, not that I'm too sure he'll know me after I changed my moniker on here