WARN: Affiliate account Phishing

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Today I got a fairly serious Phishing email supposedly from StarPartner:

Hi xxxxxxx

This is an automated courtesy mail from Star Partner to verify that changes have been made to your profile (743)

The following has been updated and approved: Address Details

Did you initiate this? If not, you'll need to immediately contact us.
Your account safety and security are paramount to us.

Please Note: As a secure and licensed affiliate programme, Star Partner will never request your username and password via e-mail, nor request you to login via any other page other than our main website.

Kind regards,
Star Partner

The email sender was spoofed as: AffiliateTeam@starpartner.com
Reply address however was: affsupport@transactions-vpl-news-service.com

I don't promote those guys -- but I do have an account with them, I found my password, logged in and could not find a place to even change my address in their system. I was about to email them to find out what happened, was signing my name, company name, etc in the email when I noticed the email on the Reply to.

This email looked EXTREMELY authentic. Just watch out for this stuff guys, we might be getting targeted for phishing attacks.

best regards, Bernie

Last edited:

Silke

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Hi all,

The affiliate requested his PO Box number to be updated at the beginning of the year; due to a temporary glitch in the auto-notification mailer system; the affiliate received the notification today.
The affiliate has been contacted by the affiliate account manager assuring everything is 100%

Regards,
Star Partner

Leo

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's always great when a program really is sending emails with a reply address at a completely unrelated domain like transactions-vpl-news-service.com

It would have been way too easy to just use their regular email address...