Video Optimization Tips

jamesprx

Reaction score
Video file in your webpage can make a huge difference in your website. Although the Video files are present in very small percentage as compared to images and text. As these files consume a large amount of bandwidth.
If you want to insert video files on your web pages in order to be played by your visitors, you must optimize them for web usage.
Inserting a Video in a website can definitely make a huge impact in getting traffic for your website, but for that you need to optimize Video, and that’s where Video Optimization is important.

Currently, search engines index video files using clues on the page where the file is embedded, and in the file's own metadata, to index the file and include the video in the appropriate results. Optimization of Video’s is the next thing which is going to be very important in SEO in the coming future.

Here are tips to optimize Videos in Your website..

Video Optimization Tips

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I had never thought of that before.

Now - are YouTube videos already optimized? Since they are probably the most used video source these days, it would probably be good to know if they optimize them for us or if we need to download the video and optimize it ourselves.

I'm sure HD videos also take up more space and bandwidth.

BTW - When I open that blog in IE, it says it can't open and closes out the window/tab. I'll try again later.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
It did the same to me, but when I refreshed the page, it came back and stayed up.