Upfront payments / fixed fee placements?

baldidiot

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I've never done anything like upfront or fixed fee placements, although it is something I've been offered on a number of occasions. So I'm curious to know how it all works?

For upfront payments, which I'm assuming have to be CPA, are they the same criteria as regular CPA's? Or do people do hybrids with a fixed upfront payment and then smaller rev share?

And are fixed fee's based on traffic or (perceived/tested) performance?

Would be appreciative if anyone has any input!

slotsaff

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
It depends - there are different rules - you can have a prepaid CPA, just a flat fee or a hybrid.

It's all down to how you want to work and what you value those positions at.

Monica

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Hey Bald :)
I usually use one of the following formulas when it comes to flat payments:
Model 1 - I pay a flat fee to the website/ affiliate to appear on his website in a certain position and a revenue share. Usually the revenue share kicks in once we have returned on investment commissions wise. (for example if I pay 1k per month, the affiliate would get paid from 1k commission onwards). So its almost like an advance on commission.

Model 2 - Some affiliates prefer a flat out fee, like a media buy on their websites or networks, in this case no revenue share is involved, meaning we pay a flat fee for a position and a period of time, and whatever we get from that time frame is ours where players and revenue are concerned.

Hope this helps :)
Cheers,
Monica

Last edited: