Upaycard KYC clueless

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
As I'm sure most of us are aware, the process of KYC (Know You Customer) is to identify the identity, with the use of, bona fide documents, that the person is, who, they say they are. Pretty straight forward, huh!

Many countries these days have laws which demand banks etc., etc., etc., to enforce KYC. Hence, it's a fairly widely known practice.

Reiterating, KYC is used to identify and prove a person's true identity.

However, seems Upaycard.com can't get their head around the fact, that if a document (in this case photo ID) which, has already been validated by them, but has now expired, this is not grounds to request new photo ID. My identity has already been proven.

Someone's identity doesn't expire when their DL, passport or whatever else is used to prove someone's bona fide identity. Once someone proves their ID, that's it, case closed.

It's not about resubmitting a new Driver's License that's got under my skin, it's the complete and utter clueless inapt of Upaycard about what KYC is, and what it is not.

I don't really use my Upaycard Web Wallet for anything other than transferring funds from Neteller, converting those to BTC and sending it to my crypto wallet. It's a convenience to have the cash instantly, as apposed to waiting 10 days or so for a wire from NT. But like most wallets Upaycard comes with hefty transaction fees.

Aside from the fact they charge like wounded bulls, logged in last month discover they'd hit me with a €5 admin fee, why? My account had dropped below the min amount. Not happy Jan...

However, not wanting to incur another €5 Admin fee, I conducted an Australian Poli Bank transfer. However, according to Poli-customer-service (based in Melbourne Australia), those funds are paid to Upaycard.com AU bank account with 60 seconds. Yes, almost instantly. You can imagine my shock, when my Upaycard.com account did not reflect this deposit.

Upaycard's support excuse was: Poli transfer's take between 7 - 10 working days to be credited to your account, because they are an international wire transfer. Bullsh#t.

Anyway...

This online web wallet (Upaycard) did me a favour of sorts, I now realise it's a rip-off using Upaycard.com, and more so, they can't be trusted. Which, only makes me wonder what Upaycard.com actually does with their submitted KYC documents???!!!

Last edited:

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
A few months an AM who I've know for years, told me to be careful with Upaycard, she'd heard rumours they were about to be investigated for money laundering etc. While I trust this person, fact is back then it was exactly that, just rumour.

I've just finished doing some research and it seems that rumour isn't just idle chatter.

---------
(the non cached page for some reason, redirects to the FBI)
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=https://www.fintelegram.com/upaycard-fraudulent-genes-rotten-eggs-12000-years-of-prison-and-binary-options&d=4736773465637298&mkt=en-AU&setlang=en-US&w=0iPEDh96qkFqCS4KNTQ2dYznN8UcDjdN

One of the founders and beneficial owners behind the FCA-licensed Moorwand Ltd and UPC Consulting Ltd, Alain Bazille, has requested the dissolution of the latter. UPC Consulting Ltd has been used by many Broker Scams as an illegal payment service provider in the field of bank transfers.

Through UPC Consulting Ltd‘s various bank accounts, client-victims of dozens of broker scams have made deposits. Sometimes, according to FinTelegram’s records, refunds to client-victims have also been made via UPC Consulting, with false payment references. Until a few months ago, Moorwand operated the payment platform UPayCard (upaycard.com). According to FinTelegram reports, the payment platform was transferred to PAP Onpoint Services Ltd, a company registered in Cyprus. Therefore, a lot of open questions and open claims against UPC Consulting Ltd are to be expected.

Given the activities and the ongoing involvement in broker scams, we assume that according to the rules of the Companies House Act 2006 no dissolution is possible at this point in time. It is to be expected that many customer victims of the broker scams involved will still have claims against UPC Consulting Ltd.

In addition, the people of UPC Consulting and Moorwand Ltd have been involved in the Københavns Andelskasse (KBH Andelskasse) money laundering scandal. Hence, the investigating authorities will also have questions. Defrauded retail investors (consumers) and investigating authorities should, therefore, have massive objections to the unsupervised cleaning of the crime scene “UPC Consulting Ltd”. It is very obvious that Bazille and his accomplices want to cover their tracks.
---------

PAP ONPOINT SERVICES LTD (Cyprus - new company operating Upaycard.com)
https://opencorporates.com/companies/cy/HE385331/events

IDK but anyone with a Upaycard account, may want to think about transferring all the their funds out ASAP, before it seems, everything goes ass up, and likely gets frozen ;)
---------

Edit:
Just found this (circa 2015, upaycard connected with Ponzi scheme):
https://behindmlm.com/companies/ufun-club/upaycard-distance-themselves-from-ufun-club/

Apparently upaycard were busted claiming UK FCA licensing, but were not licensed, nor did they hold any claim to Mastercard either.

Our industry at times, is the lowest of the low, packed knee deep with scammers, crooks and dishonest bastards!

Last edited: