Unibet December stats - anyone else had issues?

footballaffiliate

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Saw some strange stats in our Unibet account in December and this issue is currently being followed up with Unibet and they're cooperating to get to the bottom of it. I'll keep you updated on progress.

To cut a long story short - we don't get a massive amount of sign ups with Unibet however in December we saw a big surge of 50+ players in the space of about 3 days. Upon looking into the player stats they ALL came from Greece. Incredible. What made it more unlikely was that these players also put our account into a negative position of -1200 Euros. Upon querying it with Unibet we've now been given a list of players signed up over 12 months, and most of them came from Malta! The ones in December that we saw from Greece are now being claimed to be from Malta too. We get 0.1% of our traffic from Malta, so highly unlikely.

My concerns are that these stats are obviously wrong, they have put our account into negative carryover. I want to get to the bottom of it before advertising Unibet products further. It it's an error in the affiliate system it needs to be corrected, if its something else it need to be outed.

As I said, investigation is in progress, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has had issues and also get people to check their stats too. Anyone else seen any strange skewed data in December?

footballaffiliate

Reaction score
Update - turns out Malta was the jurisdiction, so the Greek sign ups were actually Greek, not Maltese. However, still very odd our account 'acquired' 50+ Greek sign ups in only a few days. We certainly don't get anything significant from Greece in terms of traffic - the investigation continues! Wondering if alongside the heavy regulation in Greece that Unibet didn't pick up a load of Greek customers in December as they transferred across from the likes of the bookies who stopped taking Greek customers

footballaffiliate

Reaction score
Update - problem solved (sort of). Those sign ups are suspected bonus abusers and Unibet to be fair have been really helpful in sorting this out. Currently looking into those accounts. Looks like 50 or so people who have got together to abuse an offer - 47 of them lose, 3 win, and share the profits!