Thoughts About Trump As President?

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Promose X, then renege when elected. They all hold the "truth" very losely. They'd make ideal AM's :D

edgarf76

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
If I was in the United States I still would not have voted. Personally I do not like either candidate. I hope these protests do not become any more violent than they already have. I hope my friends in the U.S get peace!

RyanWeb

Reaction score
LOL! Good thing Trump is a truth-sayer.
Maybe not, but he does speak his mind.. and I don't think it is so much bold face lies as he speaks off the cuff and may be wrong a lot. But that being the case, I think the main issue is the fact that a big portion of Americans are tired of having to be 'politically correct' all the time.

How many times have we heard Americans have become to thin skinned?

And politically correct, I think we can all agree, he is not. Maybe to far, but sometimes you have to push the opposite direction to be met in the middle.

Last edited:

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I could even argue with myself both sides of trump. But facts are donaldjtrump.com/policies/ looks like a damn good direction to me. If he follows through or not remains to be seen, but the tax plan alone I love.. Along with getting rid of ACA as being self employed with 5 kids and the recent rate hike is killing me.

Then there is the stock market, that has had record numbers the past two days.. Only time will tell, but I am loving some of the policies.

donaldjtrump.com/media/sheldon-adelson-endorses-donald-trump is the one article on the site I don't like. He spent a fortune on Cruz and I hope he doesn't play a part in influencing anything, as we all know his main agenda.

Last edited:

Biti

Reaction score
I am not American and have no rights to vote there. So, as far as it's relevant my 2 cents.

I am not shocked by the result. From day 1 the media was in favour of Clinton. Also, here in Europe. Sometimes I had the impression that we had to vote too, that fanatic was media here in favour of Clinton. I woke up and it didn't seem an apocalypse was going on. That was media were trying to make us believe. And so, the same thing for the polls. Sometimes I think it's more an instrument than something else.

I would have voted for Trump. I prefer a clown instead of a crooked psychopath. Sure, some of his comments are really disgusting, he changed opinion many times and so he will do as president, but Clinton is way worse in my opinion. Clinton is that kind of person that is always busy somewhere trying to change regimes, rig elections, etc. I think Trump simply doesn't care who's in charge in Syria, North Korea, as long as they do not bother the US. And also, in the end, Trump is just another puppet. The power of the president of the US must not be over-estimated.

What I also hate is the group of left-liberals, that consider themselves superior to other people. They tell everybody what they have to think and vote. Disgusting. I saw already pictures of self-claimed tolerant people putting things into a fire, hitting people of who they suppose to vote for Trump, reporting hoax incidents, etc. Or calls about a Cal-exit to cut off the Midwest. Tolerance as long as they vote what the superior left-liberal clan wants. Same thing here television. Every evening again, people, thinking they are (moral) superior, telling me what I have to vote, hearing that I am into a basket of deplorable, etc.

And that's the other side, this kind of events, I try to follow a bit, but for the rest... politicians are doing what they want, we don't have too much influence on it. So I try to focus and use my energy for things that I can influence.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as Trump and his policies... some look good. Some look outright ridiculous. I'm not a fan of his at all. I can only hope that he turns on the RNC once he becomes president and does his own thing instead. They DNC and RNC have become a joke and not what they once were many, many, many years ago.

If Trump could put in more laws like the 'terms limits' (in his first 100 days message) and then also add campaign finance reform on top of it... I could be swayed to give him some slack. I still would not vote for him - I'm not a racist, I don't hate women, and I have a moral compass. For the country, though, if he did these things - I would be impressed. He needs to turn on the RNC 100% and become an independent, IMO.

I'm not a Hillary hater either. Is she perfect - no... has she lied - yes... as much as Trump - not even close. She has done a lot of good over her career. A lot. People do not speak about that enough. They talk about all the other stuff that hasn't been proven despite the RNC's heavy attempts to do so. I still believe in the innocent until proven guilty.

I'm also not an Obama hater. He is (IMO, and I doubt many disagree with this part) the smartest president we have had in decades. People love to say stuff like 'Obamacare sucks' or blame him for everything they can think of. I have yet to find a person who can intelligently back any of that propaganda up with real knowledge. Might as well just give them a sound byte from Fox News to play on their phone. Here is what people don't like to talk about... Obamacare sucks because the RNC did not want it to succeed. Ask yourself why. It's really pretty obvious. They also set a precedent of obstruction (there is not doubt about this - it was voiced by several prominent members publicly) that was historical in its significance. Take a wild guess on how that precedent will hurt the American people in the future. Obama put forth a health care policy that was based on a republican policy (RomneyCare), btw, that the RNC would have happily put through if Romney pushed it instead of Obama. However - instead of helping Americans - they tore it apart and made it the mess that it became. The purpose - to make Obama (and the DNC) look bad so they could win the next election. BTW - this is the real reason America is mad at politicians and one of the main reasons Trump won. Trump likes to claim that he started a movement. However, no offense to Trump or his supporters.. but Bernie started that. The DNC tore him down and Trump was the benefactor. For that I say - DNC, karma does work.

I could go on and on and on... I have read and researched a lot over the past 12 months.

slotplayer

Reaction score
We'll see how it goes. My guess is Trump will use his assets like his new hotel and golf courses to woo Congress. I see tax reform and entitlement cuts but not term limits or campaign reform. Paul Ryan is a real numbers guy.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
BTW - this is the real reason America is mad at politicians and one of the main reasons Trump won.

I will agree with this. I am not hardcore fan of the RNC, I think government in general has grown to big and overreaching. If nothing else, this Trump win will make both sides rethink their positions. I also agree we really need term limits to limit corruption.

I'm not a racist, I don't hate women, and I have a moral compass.
Saying those things I think are offensive to minorities and women who did vote for Trump.

"Comparing yesterday’s results with 2012, as this Washington Post feature does, shows that Trump actually performed slightly worse among white voters than Mitt Romney did. He did, however, perform better than Romney among blacks, Latinos and Asian Americans, making it more difficult to claim that racial resentment was the dominant factor explaining Trump’s support nationally."

- washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/11/11/trump-got-more-votes-from-people-of-color-than-romney-did-heres-the-data/

I don't recall what portion of the US you are from, but all my family is in California, and my friends are in Arizona. My facebook is extremely diverse but to my surprise, the only few people on it who actually supported Hillary are white.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose that could be taken as offensive to those groups - but that is my perspective and one of the main reasons I could not ever vote for him. The things that he has said over many, many years are just too anti-minority, anti-woman. I was trying to explain why "I" could not vote for him. Others may choose to believe that those were 'just words'. But when you add up those words over the decades, it becomes more of an ideology than 'just words' at least to me.