Sorry AGD Members

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, for the idiots that wreaked havoc on AGD over the weekend. I was out with family doing holidy (Halloween) stuff. I can only apologize for some of the things people say, but the content has all been removed for offensiveness and the user was banned by Engineer.

I don't understand these type of people to be honest. Makes no sense to me. Just seems so childlike. :(

Anyway... hope the apology is accepted, I try to run the forum as a professional board and from here on out I am going to do something I've never done:

• Ban anyone who makes inflammatory statements
  • Ban anyone who makes threats
  • Ban anyone who name calls

yes... I am going to go against my former statements and simply ban those who act unprofessional. If that makes AGD a place for 5 professional affiliates, so be it. I want to foster an attitude of helpfulness so that we can all help each other promote good quality places and learn new marketing methods.

That's the goal here and those who want to just tear each other down for no purpose will be removed.

Thanks for listening...

Andy

FictionNet

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I wouldn´t worry too much. Yeah, it looks somewhat insane (prolly due to insanity) but it´s been dealt with so we´re all good.

If it helps ease the conscience any, send me a few hundred dollars as reparations.

ocportal

Reaction score
I can only say thanks for such rules, we are doing business here and no personal offense or disrespectful words should be named here. Acting professional and kind is always the best way to solve issues, the other way just provokes more problems for all which is unnecessary and stupid.

Vladi

Reaction score
Don't worry Andy. The person was obviously a lunatic. You can't control that.

lojo

Banned
Reaction score
With all due respect for the AGD mission I believe that is a little harsh without discretionary caveat, though I understand your response.

Having been a member here for a short time I have seen (in my mind) some of the most productive discussions and action (brought here) occur with fully intense professional discussions where a member knowing they are in the right pursues an issue. Things get heated sometimes, you are dealing with bread and butter or gravy and everyone eats. You are dealing with affiliates with and without integrity.

I was a participant and the reason for the first locked thread since I have watched this forum. Please don't let me set the trend.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the understanding :) And, no trends being set here, just a mission statement that I'm going to keep the forums 100% professional from now on. I think we all deserve that.

onlineslotmachines

Reaction score
Misery loves company. People who don't feel good about themselves oftentimes want others to feel like they do: toxic and miserable. So, they attack others. These people are oftentimes lazy, and don't have what it takes to change their current situation. They are in a destructive comfort zone.

I am 98.6% sure who this person is. I wasn't on the forums over the weekend because of other responsibilities. Therefore, I did not see what transpired.

However, I do applaud AGD for the action taken.

lots0

Reaction score
Well based on the #1 rule(Ban anyone who makes inflammatory statements)...

The clock has started ticking on how long it will be before I am banned....:(

Almost everything I write is "inflammatory" to someone somewhere...

Not to mention that calling out a cheating program in public is inflammatory by nature.

Last edited:

lojo

Banned
Reaction score
Well based on the #1 rule(Ban anyone who makes inflammatory statements)... The clock has started ticking on how long it will be before I am banned....:(

You and a few others are my main concern. I understand the mission and applaud the goal but if some of the more colorful characters can't express outrage, incredulity, and indignation your peers are all screwed.

Of course! if I call someone a dick or rat I should be banned but when 'thief' and 'crook' and scumbag... okay, scumbag is out there... but some of the programs discussed are thieves and crooks, and some "good" programs make mistakes that can be seen as thievery and if that is in your vocabulary and you have a point you are going to call a swindler a swindler.

arghhh I'll just have to trust in Andy's discretion.

FictionNet

Reaction score
I think most of us would have to do something pretty outrageous to get the boot. Even if drunk/stoned/stressed, I believe we all know where the line is. Roughly.

I´m not worried.

lojo

Banned
Reaction score
I think most of us would have to do something pretty outrageous to get the boot. Even if drunk/stoned/stressed, I believe we all know where the line is. Roughly.

I´m not worried.

lol yeah. I was just looking over some previous issues where it got pretty heated but in at least one of those the AM would have been booted too! It took me awhile to learn some manners, glad I escaped the boot.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
I can't think of a single point that one can't get across without resorting to attacks.

IMO problems are there to be solved. That is what we want to do. Solve problems. Name calling never solved a thing, it only exacerbates things.

If you think about what you write before and during writing, and then scan your post for any offensiveness, you'll be surprised how easy it is to express a point well.

Threads with insults don't ever solve anything, one thing leads to another until the actual pupose of the thread, however legitimate it was, gets lost in the rubble. It just ends up with a bunch of kids in a sand box, throwing sand into each other's eyes and then crying. I've been watching that for over 10 years now, on various boards, and it never fails. Insults and attacks are totally counter productive. All they do is ensure that nothing gets solved.

This is a professional board, we're here to get a job done. If you enjoy mud slinging - there are other boards for that.

It's really easy - if you feel like writing "you're a crook", just say "it seems dishonest" and you have said the same thing without causing friction. That leaves the door open for actual problem solving, because the "crook" isn't going to leave the table.

On a professional board, you want RESULTS. You want solutions. Anything else is venting, and yes, that's a human need, but this isn't where it belongs.

If you want a "bash 'em all to hell" message board, find one or start one. This one isn't it.

That said, the vast majority of AGD members are spot on. This is a great board, it has solved many issues and it warns people of those issues that can't be solved.

We are as diverse a community as you're going to find anyplace - all different cultures, ages, personalities and walks of life. But we all have one thing in common - we are all affiliates, and we need to support each other and help each other or we'll get run over by a big old truck.

I think AGD has done a great job of helping affiliates navigate this jungle, that's what we are here for. And that is what each individual member is here for - to learn how to navigate in this business and to help others do the same.

Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry about this morning's nonsense, everyone.

In case you missed it, someone named luckybonus went on a posting spree to increase his post count so that he could add a signature link. All of his posts from today were deleted and he has been banned.

Lojo also went on an early-morning spree of posting multiple inflammatory and unsubstantiated comments. The thread is still intact (for now) if anyone wants to see an example of how to get oneself banned.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.... :rolleyes:

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Gotta say real quick. Glad to see you here FictionNet, you've always been a person I admired. Its nice having your light-hearted-ness around and you punch sometimes too. I'll be on myself more and more when the rains pour down here. Right now getting ready for winter! :)

FictionNet

Reaction score
Gotta say real quick. Glad to see you here FictionNet, you've always been a person I admired. Its nice having your light-hearted-ness around and you punch sometimes too.

Aw, jeez... thanks. Very generous words and I appreciate it.

I'll be on myself more and more when the rains pour down here. Right now getting ready for winter! :)

What? :) I've read these two sentences a few times and I still don't know what you mean.