Regular visitors from Moscow

Led

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I have had those visits from the same ISP for months from different IPs. Is it harmless or malicious? Here is the last visit today:
ISP:Pjsc MegafonPlatform / Resolution:
Desktop / 2048x1311
IP Address:178.176.77.85 — OS:
Win10
Moscow, Moscow City, Russian Federation
Browser:
Chrome 97.0
Host Name:(no host name found for 178.176.77.85)
Total Visits:1

AleksUnder

Reaction score
Maybe they practice with the behavioral factors. it can be a reason. I'd say that harmless or malicious depend on their statistics on your website.

preditor

Reaction score
Does it visit homepage or sub-pages, reviews etc also? You can allways bann ip's via htaccess if the bots behaves bad.

Led

Reaction score
It visits various pages 1-3 at a time. It uses multiple IPs, browsers, resolutions. I've already blocked over 80 IPs from this ISP, and I've bot detection, but it slips through. The number of visits decreased, though.
I don't know if it is responsible for my copied pages around many crappy domains.

Moonlight Cat

Reaction score
This is may be Roskomnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media of Russian Federation). In other words they are blocking gambling related websites. Not only in Russian language. In English and other languages some times too.

Led

Reaction score
This is may be Roskomnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media of Russian Federation). In other words they are blocking gambling related websites. Not only in Russian language. In English and other languages some times too.
Thanks Moonlight. Then many gambling webmasters should observe those visits.

gm2891

Reaction score
It may also be someone who is particularly interested in your site using Moscow's IP address, but not Roskomnadzor.

For Roskomnadzor, it usually takes about a week to block the site. And, yes, you do receive a lot of bot traffic during their check because it seems that they are using bots to check the site for prohibited content, phrases, etc. And then you receive a letter from your hosting provider to give up your site or block entirely the country visitors.

Led

Reaction score
It may also be someone who is particularly interested in your site using Moscow's IP address, but not Roskomnadzor.

For Roskomnadzor, it usually takes about a week to block the site. And, yes, you do receive a lot of bot traffic during their check because it seems that they are using bots to check the site for prohibited content, phrases, etc. And then you receive a letter from your hosting provider to give up your site or block entirely the country visitors.
That's scary

gm2891

Reaction score
That's scary
Yes, indeed! Another thing to keep in mind is that they will find you even if you have switched hosting providers and changed your URL. I speak from personal experience. They most likely have bots that scan the internet for content that matches what they have in their database of blacklisted domains, etc.

Led

Reaction score
Yes, indeed! Another thing to keep in mind is that they will find you even if you have switched hosting providers and changed your URL. I speak from personal experience. They most likely have bots that scan the internet for content that matches what they have in their database of blacklisted domains, etc.
I don't even have Russia mentioned anywhere and I'm not pushing content to any country in Europe. I'm scared.

preditor

Reaction score
I don't even have Russia mentioned anywhere and I'm not pushing content to any country in Europe. I'm scared.
Don´t worrie

That IP is reported as spam and most likly it´s just scanning thru your site - pretty harmles, unless you are super unsecured or something.

Up to 70% of the total traffic to websites are estimated to be bots and there is not much you can do about that.

Reactions: TTR

Led

Reaction score
Don´t worrie

That IP is reported as spam and most likly it´s just scanning thru your site - pretty harmles, unless you are super unsecured or something.

Up to 70% of the total traffic to websites are estimated to be bots and there is not much you can do about that.
Thank you Preditor.

TTR

Reaction score
There is a lot of russian scammers who parsing website and selling after, few my sites were stolen in last year... so may be he copying ur site, check it