Professional Gambling Affiliates Association (PGAA)

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
As we know, the contractual security gambling affiliates enjoy is minimal or non-existent.

This is because affiliates are submitted to operators' affiliate program terms and conditions that are one-sided in benefit of the operators.

It's time to change this.

I'm now launching the Professional Gambling Affiliates Association with the primary goal of leveraging mutually fair contracts between affiliates and operators.

If you like the idea, first and foremost, we need to grow this association substantially to create leverage.

I will share this with some of the biggest affiliate companies I can think of via email and share with a few networks.

If you'd like to become a member, and I hope that you do, please email me your company name and contact details:
joonas.karhu@bojoko.com

You can also ask for the initial Mission Statement for the association via email to learn more.

Join the official channel for PGAA members here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8992320/

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
All the best for your new venture.
However, not sure how many small affiliates pay for the premium subscription to linkedin. It would seem without that subscription, one is very limited to what one can do or participate in, on linkedin. I could see this maybe benefiting larger affiliates, but one-person-affiliates, who, seem to make up the majority of affiliates, seem to again be the forgotten ones... just saying.

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need any premium version of Linkedin, just the free basic one like I have is good for everything.

This association is to especially help smaller affiliates.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
@Joonas - so your association aim to is to gain better/fairer contracts for affiliates, is that correct?

What happens to affiliates who already have contacts with affiliate programs, will your association work with these affiliates to have their contracts reviewed and improved?

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I would expect most to already have contacts with affiliate programs :)

However, the contractual security gambling affiliates enjoy is minimal or non-existent.

This is because affiliates are submitted to operators' affiliate program terms and conditions that are one-sided in benefit of the operators.

The aim is to get mutually fair signed contracts between affiliates and operators, like in any other industry and B2B business.

Hope to see you on board!

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I would expect most to already have contacts with affiliate programs :)

Yes, I'd expect that to be the norm, not the exception. Hence the reason for my question...

Maybe you haven't spotted my footer sig link: https://doch.news/

We share similar expectations.

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear we share expectations!

The initiative has stirred up some welcomed and serious conversation. Many smaller and bigger affiliates are already on board.

I hope to see you join the PGAA initiative as well.

Alchemist

User-Requested Account Closure
Reaction score
Sounds interesting for all affiliates in this industry. Wish you a good start!

preditor

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I would love to become a member - but im one of thouse not using facebook or Linkedin.

I will hit you with my details so you can hook me up Joonas

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I hope to see you join the PGAA initiative as well.

Anything which truly helps affiliates obtain a fair deal, is a good thing. However, and speaking frankly, it seems the PGAA has been a spur of the moment decision. It's only become a talking-point since you discovered the UK Betting and Gaming Council is made up of operators.

A well planned initiative would have at the barest minimum, an informative web site.

Seems the PGAA has been established more so to gain bums in chairs to benefit your own agenda, rather than sincerely holding interest in every igaming affiliates welfare.

Anyway... I said my bit!

riih

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Anything which truly helps affiliates obtain a fair deal, is a good thing. However, and speaking frankly, it seems the PGAA has been a spur of the moment decision. It's only become a talking-point since you discovered the UK Betting and Gaming Council is made up of operators.

A well planned initiative would have at the barest minimum, an informative web site.

Seems the PGAA has been established more so to gain bums in chairs to benefit your own agenda, rather than sincerely holding interest in every igaming affiliates welfare.

Anyway... I said my bit!

Isn't that still better than nothing AKA how its always been? Taking part doesn't cost anything, and it surely will amount to at least an idea of whether its possible to go with something like this. Individually pushing for affiliate-friendly deals has been almost impossible, and a lot of us have just accepted the fact that operators dictate the rules.

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey!

Everyone is welcome to join, even without Linkedin! Just send me a private message here and let's set it up.

I would really recommend joining the Linkedin group if you want to become a member as there I post all the updates.

A few recent updates:

- I have approached the first operator about the initiative, mid-to-large one, and they are happy to work with us in creating the contract between affiliates and operators and lend their expertise on matters what we need to take into account.

- We are preparing to have a call with The Betting and Gaming Council to discuss if we could align interests with our two groups for the benefit of the whole industry.

- Many more affiliates have joined the initiative, but we still need much more so we can truly leverage this, so please remember to share!

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The Affiliate Services Agreement -contract template is now ready that you can use to create contractually fair agreements with operators.

Big thanks to Gambling Group for providing the initial template that I comprehensively went through and edited with our lawyers.

When creating this document, I have had two key goals: fair business terms both ways and using clear English, no legal jargon.

We at Bojoko will be using this when:

1) onboarding a new partner.
2) existing partner wants to increase exposure or make special campaigns.

If you are an affiliate and would like to use the template, please DM me and I'll give you my email.

The applicable law is set to Malta, so remember to change if your company is somewhere else.

Also, if you haven't joined PGAA Linkedin group yet, you're welcome to join! The group covers a huge market share of affiliation in Europe and I think we have potential to do more there.

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I do not use LinkdIn.

Is the PGAA a website also? I cannot seem to find it.

Can you simply post the contract for all of the AGD community to view, comment on, use?