Postback/pixel tracking

James Horpes

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any recommendations for really good postback tracking system that you use?

Routy

Reaction score
what exactly do you need? once you got the postback request, what you're doing with this info?

James Horpes

Reaction score
Wanted to compare on the operator dashboard, basically just want to see conversions matching up

Routy

Reaction score
Proper disclosures: I own such software.

to have a valid postback you need to generate a unique value (clickId) for every event to the operator, without that the postback is useless or won't event work.

If you're interested I can help you, not necessarily my software

PM on skype: haim.uac

CL-Ed

Reaction score
Gambling affiliate programs are particularly bad in this area. Most do not even offer you the ability to add a tracking pixel, and in my experience most affiliate managers wouldn't have a clue what the purpose is or how it works.

That said, if you're worried about shaving, postbacks aren't a magic bullet that will solve your problem. You're still reliant on the affiliate program to honestly add the pixel to the pages you are trying to track. An evil affiliate program can just selectively decline to add the tracking pixel whenever they feel like shaving and you won't be any wiser.

Routy

Reaction score
Gambling affiliate programs are particularly bad in this area. Most do not even offer you the ability to add a tracking pixel, and in my experience most affiliate managers wouldn't have a clue what the purpose is or how it works.

That's why even though it's a built-in feature in my software I prefer not to use it. just too completed for most affiliate managers.
but we do track on a click level using other technics.

That said, if you're worried about shaving, postbacks aren't a magic bullet that will solve your problem. You're still reliant on the affiliate program to honestly add the pixel to the pages you are trying to track. An evil affiliate program can just selectively decline to add the tracking pixel whenever they feel like shaving and you won't be any wiser.

agree.
You'll need large numbers to determine whether you're been shaved or not.
some program won't shave your stats online but at the billing stage they'll say it was a fraud, bonus abuser, chargeback, etc...

Avery Lovely

Reaction score
I'm hoping one of you will help me out. I gamble frequently on an online site. I was trying to figure out how to send a friend a referral code and ended up signing up for an affiliate program to do it. I have no idea what is entailed in this affiliate program but it's very intriguing but I can't seem to really understand what I'm supposed to do. Would one of you take the time teach me or at least give me a quick basic lesson on what this is and how I can succeed at it?