Poker Players allowed to withdraw funds?

Redbush54

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong but it appears money is going to be returned.

"No individual player accounts were ever frozen or restrained, and each implicated poker company has at all times been free to reimburse any player's deposited funds. In fact, this Office expects the companies to return the money that U.S. players entrusted to them, and we will work with the poker companies to facilitate the return of funds to players, as today’s agreements with PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker demonstrate."

source - xxxhttp://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressreleases/April11/pokerdomainnameuseagreementspr.pdf

tryme1

Reaction score
I haven't read that PDF yet, but the phrasing of that quote is a little disingenuous:

"each implicated poker company has at all times been free to reimburse any player's deposited funds. In fact, this Office expects the companies to return the money that U.S. players entrusted to them.."

There's a big difference between 'deposited funds' and winnings. The implication seems to be that the US Justice Dept are expecting these poker rooms to return deposited funds rather than legitimate winnings.

Might have got this wrong, but the language used in that quote is far from clear.

triple777s

Reaction score
Correct Mark,

From what i have researched, only money sitting in players accounts as of now that were deposits, not winnings can be "requested" for a refund....you can not withdraw this money, you have to request it through pokerstars.com and fulltiltpoker.com...there will be a monitor from the DOJ watching to make sure only deposited funds are returned and no new deposits or wagering is accepted.