Poker Heaven Affiliates ? Minimum Activity Rule

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Poker Heaven Affiliates have implemented a Minimum Activity Rule
While they do not completely terminate the account, they DO lock the affiliate out of it (which, I assume means no commissions either for those players previously brought).

TERMS UPDATE, Minimum Activity Rule, Account Lockout

4.10 Any Heaven Affiliates account which has a period of inactivity for 6 months or longer will be locked for administrative reasons, and the partner will have to request t account be reopened by getting in contact with the Heaven Affiliates Support Team.

Summary:These terms are very short-sighted. Looks like another program I would not even consider promoting.

Poker Heaven Affiliates ? Minimum Activity Rule

GMGBaz

Reaction score
Hi Affiliate Guard Dog,

Apologies for not making the terms and conditions more transparent on this update, please allow me to explain.

Due to the administrative cost (primarily time checking each individual
account) this term allows us to group inactive affiliates into a single account; each tracking code is still maintained individually but we only have to update it once monthly as opposed to each account individually for our reports.

Affiliates who fall into this category still earn commission on any players currently registered to them and still playing as well as any new players brought in, but must get in touch with us (on
support[at]heavenaffiliates.com) to be able to log in to their account.

When an affiliate does get in touch we will restore the account to it original state and they will be able to continue monitoring player activity as normal.

This is merely an administrative change, we are not denying any affiliate their commissions.

Hope this explains it but if you have any further questions please get in touch.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. At least it is more for admin purposes than commissions reduction.

Does this mean that affiliate can be 'locked out' and their commissions will be paid as normal? Or will they have to contact someone to be paid because they are locked?

I would suggest that if it is an administrative challenge to deal with inactive affiliates, that you move into the 20th century and use what every other affiliate program uses: Programming :) It takes nothing to deal with inactive affiliates if your reports are SQL driven. I am a programmer of large databases - MUCH larger than yours, I am sure. It is not a difficult or cumbersome task to have more 'rows' of data to aggregate for a report.

But - if you are (for some crazy reason) doing this by hand, then I guess it might take awhile. And might be worth it to hire yourself a programmer instead of writing a term that gives you room to breathe :)

GMGBaz

Reaction score
Commissions are paid out automatically as normal, but, unless the affiliate has a way into their Webdollar account directly, they'll need to log into Heaven Affiliates to request a cashout (and to log in you'll need to get in touch with us again).

I'm not in the affiliate team so not 100% sure of what the problem is. I just signed up when I saw you'd commented on our term changes (the first ones that you liked :D) and then when I saw this I went and made sure nobody was being cheated out of commissions by this update (though the site seemed to be down a lot when I tried to reply before?!).

Leave it with me, I'll see whose life this change has made easier, but commissions are definitely still paid as normal.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply :)

Yes, there were server issues over the last 2 weeks that were completely solved very recently. That is why you had problems posting previously. Sorry for that.