Playamo requires to sign contract for payments

danniee

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Anyone working with Playamo Affiliates? They suddenly now require affiliates to sign a contract because "their bank" in turn now requires them to get all partners with agreements in order to pay via bank transfer. My instinct is to not sign anything under any circumstances. The contract is pretty long, complicated, full of legal mumbo jumbo, and I don't see what anything of it has to do with bank payments.

melcb

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Danniee,

It is pretty standard practice, banks are getting stricter these days and require proof of services provided sometimes when making transfers. We sign these type of contracts all the time and havent had any dramas.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Hi Danniee,

banks are getting stricter these days and require proof of services provided sometimes when making transfers. We sign these type of contracts all the time and havent had any dramas.

EG - here in Australia , banks are Gov., licensed, regulated and heavily scrutinised for compliance, etc., etc. Customers of these banks are protected under multiple Gov., laws and mandates.

Thing is though, affiliate programs are NOT a Bank.

The affiliate isn't signing anything DIRECTLY with the "bank" in question, here. They are signing what seems to be some "contract" with the affiliate program.

Just that in itself makes me nervous, given, we all know how much most-programs respect their T&C's and or their contractual obligations to their affiliate partners :rolleyes:

Edit:
I have had aff programs request KYC docs, because their processor requires it. I would assume the processors bank requires that proof. But have never received a request to sign an actual contract.

Last edited:

danniee

Reaction score
Appreciate the input guys. Not too keen on signing stuff but sounds like it's standard practice. Anyone know why this is required though? The big brands never ask for this, it's only the smaller Curacao sites.

Frank

Reaction score
This can also happpen if your an affiliae in a country which is restricted, this proves you are not a player.. whats the big deal with doing a contract?

danniee

Reaction score
This can also happpen if your an affiliae in a country which is restricted, this proves you are not a player.. whats the big deal with doing a contract?

If it was two lines of text it would be one thing but when it's 2000+ words of advanced legal text it's not something you just want to sign. You have to make sure what you are agreeing to and that isn't easy if you are not schooled in law. You don't see that as a potential problem?

danniee

Reaction score
I haven't signed it. Refuse to. Taking payments to Skrill for now but long term they will have to solve their bank issues themselves or it won't work out.

danniee

Reaction score
Just an update. I refused to sign. They're too shady for me to sign anything. The aff managers at Playamo are being quite arrogant about it and not really showing any interest in finding some sort of solution, which in turn just makes me distrust them even more. Their approach is "whatever man". Doesn't exactly make you feel like a valued affiliate partner.

I decided to remove all their brands and to not work with them anymore. To be honest, the commission was always shit anyways and I get the feeling these clowns rip off their partners. It appears to be quite a shady business too, so no wonder they got issues with banks. Not the best place for players either, so I am doing my visitors a favour.

Last edited:

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Their approach is "whatever man". Doesn't exactly make you feel like a valued affiliate partner.

Unfortunately that entitled, 'I don't give a f#ck attitude' is, fast becoming the norm, not the exception. It's not just in this industry, but everywhere, online and in everyday life.

Biti

Reaction score
Playamo anyway has poor affiliate management. I faced some data issues in the past. A week no data were tracked. But affiliate managers kept on stating that it was not their fault, that there was no conversion, etc.

Biti

Reaction score
The big deal is what's written in that contract.

Insider

Reaction score
It appears to be quite a shady business too, so no wonder they got issues with banks. Not the best place for players either, so I am doing my visitors a favour.
I know it misses the topic a bit but it shows how trustable and serious they are in reality.

In this regard i can say that 99,9 % of the player ratings at Trutstpilot are very bad. Particular, it's about their brand 20bet.

And in most cases of the complaints it goes around that they don't pay. Customers are also reporting about bad customer service and verification process.

We just have also a complaint about a € 150.000 balance on 20bet which is still not paid. No bonus or anything else and not the first withdraw. Fully verified account is now partially blocked.

We have no partnership with Playamo so we also have no contacts.

And if i must read that affiliate managers should be quite arrogant, then i'm glad that we have no partnership.

So it makes it very difficult at this moment what we should advice our member.

AleksUnder

Reaction score
Thx for all msges. I was trying to start work with them, but it's 5 days till I have been waiting for their response. As you said it's quite a shady affiliate programme.

danniee

Reaction score
Their program is a joke, totally untrustworthy. I regularly have like 60+ unique clicks and 1 reg if lucky. Nothing is stopping these guys from shaving their affiliates like crazy. It's probably the least trustworthy program I have ever worked with. The aff managers don't give a shit either. Totally arrogant.

Biti

Reaction score
They converted here, but after that players disappear in their swamp. I can't even say retention is bad. Retention seems to be non-existing at Playamo.

About the affiliate managers. I'm still not sure if they're really mentally challenged or if they just act like they are.

livelife

Reaction score
Hi.
i have worked with them for years now and have sent +400 players there.
they have a manager called “Iren” and she is answering almost instantly all the time.. so if you have urgent questions just search for Iren - 22Bet on Skype. Payments are slow.. you never know when they pay but latest i got it was 20th.. when i signed up i was promised first week.. but at least they always paid :)

danniee

Reaction score
Hi.
i have worked with them for years now and have sent +400 players there.
they have a manager called “Iren” and she is answering almost instantly all the time.. so if you have urgent questions just search for Iren - 22Bet on Skype. Payments are slow.. you never know when they pay but latest i got it was 20th.. when i signed up i was promised first week.. but at least they always paid :)

It doesn't matter to me if they pay. I don't trust these guys whatsoever. Everything about them is shady and there's literally no transparency. Wouldn't surprise me if they shave numbers and do all sorts of foul stuff. I don't approach people like this with naivety. In fact, I more or less expect that to be the case. They will have to prove me otherwise and it takes a long time to build that kind of trust.

If you are not yet involved with this brand, don't bother. That's my advice.

Last edited:

betcheck24

Reaction score
From my point of view due to the more and more tight international Anti Money Laundering rules we will see more and more of this.
Some operations are operating from countries they are maybe not supposed to operate from - or have a bank that does not know what they are really doing so they have to switch banks sometimes - which usually triggers a new contract to the affiliate to even be paid.
It's how the world is now as i see it.

So far we had all payments from Playamo (12+ months) - Only one (the biggest of course) was delayed due to a bank issue and they did not react to it before we pinged them but it was sorted out 10 days after.