Online Gambling Increased in Australia

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
As stated, I live in a country where we have not had a single lockdown. We've been free to roam as we please during this whole pandemic. No one is required to wear masks here either. As far as I can tell, we're doing pretty good.
Why are you afraid to reveal what country you live in? Scared we may poke holes in your claims?

DaftDog

Reaction score
As stated, I live in a country where we have not had a single lockdown. We've been free to roam as we please during this whole pandemic. No one is required to wear masks here either. As far as I can tell, we're doing pretty good.
I'm assuming you live in Norway but correct me if I'm wrong.

DaftDog

Reaction score
Well, I bet the people in China are also quite supportive of their government. Just saying. Sometimes it's probably easier for outsiders to get a better perspective.
I disagree, it's probably easier for outsiders to be misinformed about a country that they have never visited before or lived in. It's a bit like judging a book by its cover.

Half of those who have died here have been so old that they haven't even been candidates for intensive care. We're talking 80+, mostly 90+. The rest have been mostly people with health conditions. It sucks, but that's life. Happened with influenza too. But suddenly everyone is such a philanthropist. Prior to this, no one gave a shit. People went out in the public and to work when they were sick as dogs. Totally hypocritical. It does look a whole lot like mass hysteria to me and I can bet that there are people pushing this who have certain agendas.
Do you not understand the difference between the COVID-19 pandemic and regular influenza?

For the majority of people, Covid death rate is close to zero. For young people, it's been established (by experts in Norway and by the CDC) that influenza and rs-virus is far more deadly https://www.nrk.no/norge/fhi-virolog-mer-bekymret-for-influensa-enn-korona-denne-vinteren-1.15640150

And yes, around 80% of the admitted here are vaccinated. It's nearly the same in Israel https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...s-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html
Given the large number of fully vaccinated Israelis, some breakthrough cases were expected, health officials say, and a growing body of research has shown those who are unvaccinated face far higher risks of severe illness or death from a COVID-19 infection.

This looks a bit Orwellian to me:
When Sweden opted for a no-lockdown strategy in March 2020, scientists were still sorting out how deadly and contagious the virus was. But already, according to email exchanges published by freelance journalist Emanuel Karlsten and the Swedish newspaper Expressen, Tegnell was considering allowing the virus to infect young, healthy people as a means of increasing immunity in the population.

Hanson said she was "absolutely disgusted" by Tegnell's approach because it presumed knowledge that scientists didn't have at the time.

"Is he God, or even above?" she said. "That's what was terrible with the Swedish approach: the supremacy."

Of course I'm going to get pissed off if someone is trying force something on me, especially when it concerns my own body, or when someone treats me like an idiot and claims I can't make my own personal risk assessments.
But who is trying to do that to you in this wonderful unnamed country that you live in?

Ultimately, everything has to come from free will without pressure from a fascist majority, the regime or threats of public shaming and persecution. That stuff seriously sets off my alarm bells because it has no place in a free democratic world.
You like to throw the word "fascist" around and then accuse others of being bullies for using the term "anti-vax".

A democratic country is all about choices, some choose to enforce the wearing of masks while others don't. You're happy about your countries choices but seem outraged at others for making their own.

I hate bullies too.

danniee

Reaction score
You can basically pick any country you like. Even openly totalitarian countries like Russia and China have had less oppression and restrictions than Australia. Or why not pick any African country you want? Do you see mass extinction of the population in these countries? Have they all had draconian lockdowns like Australia? Mass vaccination? Mask policies?

A democratic country is all about choices, some choose to enforce the wearing of masks while others don't. You're happy about your countries choices but seem outraged at others for making their own.

The difference is that we are not forcing anything, which you are.

As soon as you started applying the term anti-vaxxer to the guy opposing your views in this thread you automatically became a bully. That's what you people are and quite frankly I'm disgusted by it. I don't agree with everything that guy wrote, but to use that kind of rhetoric as you do is bs and you see where it leads us every single time. You are basically trying to publicly shame and bully people into agreeing with you and to get vaccinated.

I don't know why I even waste my time with these discussions because no one has ever changed anyone's mind. If anything it just further sediments ones position. Besides, I'm better off spending my time staying on top of my competitors and counting the money and you can stay here arguing :)

DaftDog

Reaction score
You can basically pick any country you like. Even openly totalitarian countries like Russia and China have had less oppression and restrictions than Australia. Or why not pick any African country you want? Do you see mass extinction of the population in these countries? Have they all had draconian lockdowns like Australia? Mass vaccination? Mask policies?
How about my country:

Pretty similar to many western countries, excluding the world of Narnia, of course. ;)

DaftDog

Reaction score
You sneakily edited a post that I already quoted, but no worries, here's my response:

The difference is that we are not forcing anything, which you are.
That's why I said a democratic country is all about choices. Each country can choose what they wish to enforce, or not to enforce.

DaftDog

Reaction score
Wow, you like to misquote me:
As soon as you started applying the term anti-vaxxer to the guy opposing your views in this thread you automatically became a bully. That's what you people are and quite frankly I'm disgusted by it. I don't agree with everything that guy wrote, but to use that kind of rhetoric as you do is bs and you see where it leads us every single time. You are basically trying to publicly shame and bully people into agreeing with you and to get vaccinated.
Can you use the forum quote system to show me where I tried to get this person to agree with me and to get vaccinated? I never said any such thing.

You seem to be disgusted by many things, except for anti-vaxxers who spread miss-information. I'm saddened that you think I'm a bully for calling out somebody for posting Covid nonsense.

CL-Ed

Reaction score
Well, I bet the people in China are also quite supportive of their government. Just saying. Sometimes it's probably easier for outsiders to get a better perspective.

I actually have Chinese in-laws and have been to the country 5 or 6 times and talked and lived with people there. You wouldn't have a clue about what life is like there. Quick hint: pretty damn good for a lot of people, not so good for others, remind you of anywhere else?

Even openly totalitarian countries like Russia and China have had less oppression and restrictions than Australia.

It was a difficult choice but this is probably the dumbest thing you said in your wall of anti-vax word salad. I'm just quoting it for posterity.

Your uninformed anti-vax, sorry pro-death, sound bites have all been said before. Posting dumb things like the majority of people admitted to hospital in Israel are vaccinated as if it proves anything. Well of course they are Sherlock Holmes, because the majority of everyone in Israel is vaccinated. We know that vaccination is not a cure, we also know that it reduces your chance of infection, drastically reduces your chance of hospitalisation and death, and reduces the chance of passing it on to someone else. And what does any of that have to do with lockdowns in Australia which have proven to be highly effective?

We know the deal. You're scared to get a vaccine that has had decades of scientific development behind it, not 2 months or whatever your pro-disease mates, confidence boosted by their Dunning-Kruger effect, told you on facebook when they sent you a faked video of a fork sticking to a guy's arm. And we also get that you don't care about anyone but yourself, so long as you are not affected... let the old people die (so long as its not your grandma). You're happy for almost everyone else to do the heavy lifting for you and vaccinate so that it reduces the chance of you getting sick while you hide in the shadows.

Yet on the other hand you do care about everyone else around the world enough to try to convince them of your non-scientific idiocy online, and to tell people in other countries that looking after each other is oppression. It's an interesting dichotomy, though I'm unsure of the mental gymnastics needed to hold both positions in your head simultaneously.

Sorry mate, I and many other people in this world don't share your selfish, individualistic worldview and choose to care about others in our communities that are more vulnerable than ourselves, at the cost of few minor personal inconveniences. And that is why we lockdown and vaccinate. Be happy that you can do what you like, just keep it to yourself and stop trying to be an evangelist for the cult of stupidity. Leave your guns and shouts of "free-dumb" at home because, while life sure ain't perfect at the moment, we're about as ok with life here as it is possible to be these days and don't need to be saved thanks very much.

Last edited:

AleksUnder

Reaction score
Good news. I mean about increasing AU market players. Let's think how to lure those who play poker or lotto)