Office Chair

Topponline

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Once upon a time, last year, there was a thread about someone looking for a new office chair on here. Someone suggested a chair, and quite a few chimed in that it was the ultimate.

I googled it and sourced it, but found it too expensive. Now i have a different view of what expensive is and my back hurts...

Does anyone recall what the chair was?

Cheers

CaseyM

Reaction score
Greetings,

Once upon a time, last year, there was a thread about someone looking for a new office chair on here. Someone suggested a chair, and quite a few chimed in that it was the ultimate.

I googled it and sourced it, but found it too expensive. Now i have a different view of what expensive is and my back hurts...

Does anyone recall what the chair was?

Cheers

There was a thread over at GPWA a while back where someone was raving about this chair KAB ACS (Air Comfort System) Executive Office Chair in Black Leather - Australia's Best Price - Heavy Duty & 24 Hour Chairs - Office chair sales, repairs and commercial upholsterers - The Chairman

I'm not sure if its the same chair but its certainly very expensive!

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Its worth it. I have an Embody, but most popular ergonomic chair out there is by the same designers at Herman Miller. Look into the Aeron. Aeron - Office Chair - Herman Miller its about 600-700 ... but how much is your back worth? You work sitting down. Invest in your seat.

lots0

Reaction score
I used to use a kneeling Chair.. did wonders for my back. Don't remember the brand name, but the damn things really work and you can pick one up cheap.
Kneeling chair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I try to stand (most of the time) when working... New studies show sitting all the time at work leads to a vastly increased risk of heart attacks and stroke.
After three heart attacks, I do what I can to keep the old ticker running... If you know what I mean... :)

Topponline

Reaction score
Thanks,

The "Aeron AE 123 Titan" is what i need. It is excactly what was in that old thread. Locally i actually have to pay around 2000 USD for it. (in Norway, home of the 15 dollar beer)

Thanks a lot guys, and i do also believe standing and kneeling provide great variation.

John

casdir

Reaction score
Quality computer chairs don't come cheap, but it's worth it in the long run to avoid back injuries. It's also good to take constant breaks and get out of the computer chair. No matter how comfortable your chair might be, humans weren't designed to spend long periods sitting down. I try to get up every hour or so and do some stretches, or even walk around a little.

Vladi

Reaction score
I have an Aeron that was given to me second hand by my sister in law. I was looking around for a really good chair and found out she had a spare one she wasn't using. It is good but for me its not as great as I was hoping, although I no longer get the lower back pain that I used to on my old crap $150 office chair.

When I was shopping around I tried a few different chairs and I actually found that I really liked one called the Humanscale Freedom. It has hardly any adjustment knobs or levers - it just moves to support your body, whether you're sitting upright, leaning back etc. One day when the in-laws want their Aeron back (or I am rich!) this is the chair I will buy.
Freedom Task Chair with Headrest | Ergonomic Seating from Humanscale

If you're going to drop this much cash on a chair, make sure you try a few out first. A good store will let you borrow a chair for a week to try it out because you need to see how you feel after sitting in it for a few hours at a time.

Viktar

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
I ordered custom chair for my neck :) A guy came, measured my body, made a photo of me sitting and in a week he made a chair which fits perfectly!

Topponline

Reaction score
Yesterday I ordered a brand new Herman Miller embody, Just a little extra cash and the more i research, the better it looks.

It is arriving in 7 weeks (hand crafted in the USA). will post feedback and a picture of me and my fat ass filling it completely up.

Cheers

Last edited:

EmmaisEmma

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
I have back problems as well and went to an amazing osteopath . He helped me allot and kept on telling me to always put both of my feet on the floor . lean back a bit and not twist my body ( after few hours of sitting we find amazing positions :) ) at all .
Pay attention to your sitting position and it can really help you !!