My affiliate website went from hot to sunken ship overnight, not sure what to do now?

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
@DaftDog - I've been using apachefriends.org (xampp) for years but it can be a pain sometimes because GUI isn't exactly user friendly. localwp.com sounds like a really cool tool. Agree, it's a good way to figure out how WP works, test themes etc., without having to deal with a live hosted site, and then only allow yourself access while blocking everyone else, while your set the site up.

baldidiot

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I think I will give it a go with WordPress althought I imagine I'll have to start all over if I do correct?

Wordpress.com (the paid, hosted version, not the normal free wordpress you can install anywhere) have a wix importer: https://wordpress.com/support/import/import-from-wix/

However... there's a free version which comes with ads (I think) but as far as I know there's nothing to stop you from using the free plan ti import your site from wix to wordpress.com, and then exporting wordpress.com to a self hosted install of wordpress.

NB: I'm pretty sure Wordpress.com doesn't allow gambling so you will need to move to a self hosted, ie: don't think "I'll just pay and leave it on the wordpress hosting).

Otherwise it's a copy and paste job. You can import blog posts via the rss, but obviously that can only import the posts shown in the rss feed so it'll depend on whether you can output a full feed rather than the last x (never used wix, so no idea).

If you do copy and past manually I can recommend this plugin: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/auto-upload-images/ - it's free and does what it says on the tin, it automatically uploads images to the WP install. So you can copy and paste the content over and as long as it includes the images as they're currently hosted, it'll import them to your site and update the urls so you don't need to manually upload them.

I'd imagine there's going to be a huge amount of formatting and tweaking (based on the fact that I don't even see any kind of headers on the site), but if you're planning on making a go of it then it'll be worth it. And based on what's indexed it's only ~60 pages or so, so it would be very manageable.

babagucci

Reaction score
Thank you for that explanation I certainly appreciate ur time spent helping me on this matter. I will def give it a try. It's crazy because I put "headers" exactly where Wix told me to,.Wix is like site building for dummies but the fact that it comes up as my pages having no headers is crazy to me, Wix is terrible. I remember the constant issues that had to deal with sadly I'm not a coding expert so that was the only option I had to at the time. But I appreciate you and your tips and will def give it a try. Gotta be worth one last attempt I suppose lol

babagucci

Reaction score
@babagucci - Your content is fine, but everything else, would need a new start from scratch. If your unable to save a database with Wix, then you'll need to copy all your content and save it. If Wix does allow you to save a database, you'll still need to go in to that database and remove all the Wix crap.

Probably easier to just visit each of your pages and highlight/copy and past to notepad, then save each page and URL like that.

EG: bitcoingamingonline.com/cryptowallets
Yea I figured as much, Thank you Dave I will do that as a back up option as I'm told I should be able to transfer my site over

babagucci

Reaction score
Have you tries rewriting content? its a competitive keyword and constant updating is needed
Hey Frank, yes I will be updating all the content at some point, just gotta start the rebuild process. Your absolutely right though it is a constant evolution for finding those ranking keywords

payme1day

Reaction score
You are right about Wordpress regarding hosting gambling sites. I had mine shut by them in 12 hours after finishing it back in the day, friend logged into the disabled account and moved it over to his private server where it was fine.

Jops

Reaction score
You are right about Wordpress regarding hosting gambling sites. I had mine shut by them in 12 hours after finishing it back in the day, friend logged into the disabled account and moved it over to his private server where it was fine.
That's pathetic. Doesn't allow gambling? Everyone gambles. It's a normal part of life. They allow loan affiliation? Stocks? These politically correct woke cunts are pathetic.

DaftDog

Reaction score
That's pathetic. Doesn't allow gambling? Everyone gambles. It's a normal part of life. They allow loan affiliation? Stocks? These politically correct woke *!$& are pathetic.
Lol - a bit like the wedding cake business owner who refused to make a cake for a gay couple because it was against her religion. Taking your lead, I suppose I could say that these brainwashed, idiotic, far-right religious nut jobs are pathetic.

Jops

Reaction score
Lol - a bit like the wedding cake business owner who refused to make a cake for a gay couple because it was against her religion. Taking your lead, I suppose I could say that these brainwashed, idiotic, far-right religious nut jobs are pathetic.
I wonder which of these has the biggest impact. Your corrupt globalist woke criminals, censoring all of the internet, those are the ones you leftist clowns are crawling for. Don't forget to take your 15th booster mate, be a good dog.

DaftDog

Reaction score
I wonder which of these has the biggest impact. Your corrupt globalist woke criminals, censoring all of the internet, those are the ones you leftist clowns are crawling for. Don't forget to take your 15th booster mate, be a good dog.
Lol - Stop watching Tucker Carlson, Fox Not News, Breitbart and other far-right propaganda outlets.

I'm proud to be woke, it's just you hateful individuals trying to make it mean something else.

Jops

Reaction score
Lol - Stop watching Tucker Carlson, Fox Not News, Breitbart and other far-right propaganda outlets.

I'm proud to be woke, it's just you hateful individuals trying to make it mean something else.
You mean, stop watching those who dare to oppose and speak the truth, those you corrupt globalist marxists try to censor and trash talk? Stop watching and reading every "established" news organisation there is out there - CNN, ABC, CBC, Washington Post, NY Post, the list is endless. Maybe join Trudeau and appload your nazi heroes too you confused clowns lol.

DaftDog

Reaction score
You mean, stop watching those who dare to oppose and speak the truth, those you corrupt globalist marxists try to censor and trash talk? Stop watching and reading every "established" news organisation there is out there - CNN, ABC, CBC, Washington Post, NY Post, the list is endless. Maybe join Trudeau and appload your nazi heroes too you confused clowns lol.
Since when do leftists support Nazi heroes? It's you clowns on the far right that do that.

Jops

Reaction score
Since when do leftists support Nazi heroes? It's you clowns on the far right that do that.
You warmongering globalist woke clowns are the new nazis, it's obvious to everyone now. You hate freedom of speech and try to shut down anyone who dares to oppose. That is a literall nazis, or even marxist if you want to call it that. At the end of the day, it's the same trash, that's what you are. And you are "proud" of it. Haha, pathetic :)

Jops

Reaction score
Your woke hero Trudeau and his woke followers literally stood up in parliament the other day and applauded a Ukrainian nazi haha. Then your woke fascist friend Trudeau blamed Russia lmfao. He's a warmongering fascist scumbag just like the rest of the woke clowns.

DaftDog

Reaction score
You warmongering globalist woke clowns are the new nazis, it's obvious to everyone now. You hate freedom of speech and try to shut down anyone who dares to oppose. That is a literall nazis, or even marxist if you want to call it that. At the end of the day, it's the same trash, that's what you are. And you are "proud" of it. Haha, pathetic :)

Lol - you have been brainwashed by the hateful rhetoric of the far-right.

Stop being such a hateful, angry individual. Share some love instead, if you can't do that, then at least just smoke a joint and chill out.

Jops

Reaction score
Lol - you have been brainwashed by the hateful rhetoric of the far-right.

Stop being such a hateful, angry individual. Share some love instead, if you can't do that, then at least just smoke a joint and chill out.
I have plenty of love except for warmongering, corrupt, fascist, woke scumbag clowns like you. We all thrive in my circle, unlike you :)

DaftDog

Reaction score
I have plenty of love except for warmongering, corrupt, fascist, woke scumbag clowns like you. We all thrive in my circle, unlike you :)
Lol - It's actually you guys that are promoting fascist ideology, but are too ignorant to realise it.

Chill out, dude!

Jops

Reaction score
Lol - It's actually you guys that are promoting fascist ideology, but are too ignorant to realise it.

Chill out, dude!
Who is weaponising the social media platforms to shut down opposing voices speaking up against your corrupt lying narratives? Who is weaponising the judicial system to go after political opponents, who is using the propaganda of the established media to spread fearmongering and provoke wars. Wow, and you are proud of yourself. Seems like all the pot ruined the few brain cells you had left :)

DaftDog

Reaction score
Who is weaponising the social media platforms to shut down opposing voices speaking up against your corrupt lying narratives? Who is weaponising the judicial system to go after political opponents, who is using the propaganda of the established media to spread fearmongering and provoke wars. Wow, and you are proud of yourself. Seems like all the pot ruined the few brain cells you had left :)
Lol - Wow! You guys just don't get it, do you. You have been misled by far-right propaganda.

Do you also believe that the 2020 US election was stolen? Fox Not News promoted the lie too, and they have now been held accountable to the tune of $787 million USD when they were sued by Dominion, with more cases to follow. But you are probably not aware of this, as Fox News hardly reported on the outcome of that judgement.