Attachments

• agdthreat.JPG
    agdthreat.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 96

TheGamblingGuru

Turning Over Stones
Reaction score
Yep, I'm getting the same thing, it's the 'Exploit Virus'

Where is all this mess coming from, the servers or what? Were the servers hacked or infiltrated?

Or is this some kind of vulnerability in vBulletin?
____
____

Webzcas

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm getting the same thing, it's the 'Exploit Virus'

Where is all this mess coming from, the servers or what? Were the servers hacked or infiltrated?

Or is this some kind of vulnerability in vBulletin?
____
____

Not sure yet Rob. The site is firewalled and only Andy, the hosting company and myself from my office currently have ftp access.

We're currently examining the weblogs. This is a real PITA though.

Webzcas

Reaction score
FYI Andy - getting similar messages on all pages

Interesting. Yahoo issued a security alert about a vunerability in the code on the 25th OCT which I believe AGD uses. Waiting for clarification from Andy, but the site started getting hit on the 24th.

Announcing YUI 2.8.2 — Important Security Update for All Users of YUI 2.4.0-2.8.1 » Yahoo! User Interface Blog (YUIBlog)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Still working on it... Hopefully will get this crap resolved asap!!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
We are working, working, working on it. Hopefully we can get this thing licked, but it is taking a lot of time and resources.

Simmo!

Reaction score
If you want to know who's responsible, the clue's in the name of the infected file.

yahoo-dom-event.js ;)

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
I just got a warning asking me to install something..

Of course I didn't, but just a heads up. If I get it again I'll post a screenshot.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a warning asking me to install something..

Of course I didn't, but just a heads up. If I get it again I'll post a screenshot.

Yep, we are aware :( Painfully so. It is being hacked within minutes of being plugged.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using Firefox, remove the cached AGD files. Or, at the very least hit CTRL-F5.

I would really do that for any browser to be honest. But FF definitely keeps cached versions and uses them.

Right now there do not appear to be any hacks on the server. We are monitoring it, though, and are on top of it... Sorry again for all this guys. It is painful for us all, I am well aware of that.

Daera

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, or is of any use. But this is what I just got when loading the forum.

Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for affiliateguarddog.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, or is of any use. But this is what I just got when loading the forum.

Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for affiliateguarddog.com

Thanks for the link. I have sent a re-evaluation request. The site is clean, Norton is working off old data.

SlotsOfFortune-Affiliates

Reaction score
Guys,

When I was posting last night in the Slots of Fortune forum section, I got the computer infected by flvtube virus. I am petty sure it was a coincidence, since nobody on AGD reported this particular virus, and I also had two more web sites opened at the same time.

However, this flvtube virus is really powerful, and it almost destroyed my computer. I spent today all day solving the problem. So, I wanted to share with you this link, in case it attacks you: FLVtube virus

Regards,
Natalie.

Daera

Reaction score
Guys,

When I was posting last night in the Slots of Fortune forum section, I got the computer infected by flvtube virus. I am petty sure it was a coincidence, since nobody on AGD reported this particular virus, and I also had two more web sites opened at the same time.

However, this flvtube virus is really powerful, and it almost destroyed my computer. I spent today all day solving the problem. So, I wanted to share with you this link, in case it attacks you: FLVtube virus

Regards,
Natalie.

Sorry to hear that Natalie. That looks like a real ugly one. Glad it's not from AGD, and I hope I don't cross paths with it anywhere.

Glad you got it solved anyway.