Money making ideas with my fantasy sports site?

knuckleballah22

Reaction score
I'm the owner of a website where people play fantasy sports for a day instead of the whole season. My goal is to get more people to come to my site. I'd be open to paying money to sports site owners to advertise my site on their site in order to get more people playing these one-day fantasy leagues on my site. Is that what affiliate marketing is? I don't have any experience with affiliate marketing or affiliate programs so I'm not sure where to start or what to do... Would it make sense to contact sports site owners and ask if I can pay them to advertise my site on their site or possibly create some sort of affiliate partnership where we can share the profits we generate from the day-to-day money leagues?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

michael26a

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off to build backlinks and try to rank in Google organically. Paying people for advertising is going to cost you a small fortune over time. If you don't know anything about affiliate marketing, you should join amazon.com and order some books, or research affiliate marketing on the Internet. Best of luck, I hope your new fantasy sports site does very well. It sounds like a very cool idea :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a thread about this sort of thing not very long ago (maybe 2 weeks ago at most). I am also an affiliate for this sort of thing and so far I am VERY surprised at how little I have made. :)

Off 8 registrations (which are people I know who actually do love betting on NFL games)... I have made $0.33 :)

I'm not sure how they calculate commissions, but it seems a bit 'off' to say the least. I could ask my players, but would guess that (on a weekly basis) have probably bet at least $100USD each. Oh well.

Regardless of all that....

Build a Wordpress site and constantly post about upcoming contests. You will do way better than if you were to spend money trying to get bettors (especially for such a low margin).