Mecca Affiliates Terms take a turn for the worst

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Mecca Affiliates has taken their Minimum Player Rule and turned it into a 1 month rule… This means, no new player for a month…. you get a lower revshare percentage.

TERMS UPDATE, Commissions, Minimum Player Rule

6.9.1 If the Affiliate does not refer any new depositing players in a period of one (1) month, the revenue share percentage shall be 25% until such time as the Affiliate refers one or more new depositing players.

6.9.2 The Company reserves the right to set limits for a change the requisite minimum level of activity on affiliate accounts. Such minimum activity levels will be continuously reviewed and the Company reserves the right to terminate this Agreement if the Affiliate activity does not reach the minimum level. Such level shall not be unreasonably high and shall reflect the Company’s intention of avoiding accounts where the revenue does not cover the Company’s internal costs for maintaining the account and the payout procedure. If the Affiliate does not refer any new depositing players in a period of three (3) months, the revenue share percentage shall be 25% until such time as the Affiliate refers one or more new depositing players.

TERMS UPDATE, Commissions, Payment Method Fees

6.3 Payment of commission shall be made as per the payment method chosen by the Affiliate in the application process. If an error is made in calculating the commission, the Company reserves the right to correct such calculation at any time and will immediately pay any underpayment to or reclaim overpayment from the Affiliate. If the Affiliate selects Neteller as payment method, the Affiliate agrees to pay the fee associated with payments via this method.

Summary:This term is predatory on 2 levels. First off – there is the minimum player rule which reduces commissions (even though their main website mentions that their commission rate is 35% (for life). Second – they have retroactively changed their contract and are in breach of their own contract as such.
Mecca Affiliates Terms take a turn for the worst

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
This is bad, bad news IMO. Mecca is essentially going backwards from where they should be headed. Affiliates need to beware of places that are making anti-affiliate language part of their contracts (retroactively OR moving forward).

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I see what you mean with BlueSquare as well :(

sipka

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I am really sad to see this considering that I was thinking about to promote them a lot (knowing about the min player rule) but I thought, if they work on my sites then it is impossible not to have 1 depositing player/3 month period (and their brand is searched by big volume of visitors on Ses, I don't want to skip that traffic).
I have created their review, made all the creative materials, and after pushing the "Publish" button, I've came to check AGD and saw this bad bad news. If you see it from the perspective that they will reduce your commission to 25% only, then it is a better deal than other programs' 10%, but what is unacceptable for me that it is retroactive: I accept it or I can't even log into the affiliate backend.
Oh yes, and last time when they introduced the minimum player rule, they didn't send out anything, I tried to log in and I needed to accept the TC again, and that made me read it through again and saw the new clause. And a week later they sent out affiliate newsletters, with promos, competitions, and guess what, at the end of the email there was 1 tiny line: "we have changed our Tc, please read it".
Guess I'm going to push Joy of Bingo (Wink, Posh) instead of Mecca.