Linking from a site you own to a site you own, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Site / Search Engine Optimization' started by Edd, Aug 31, 2016.

ARZ

ARZ Member

Sites with same content, just translated to another languages should be linked via hreflang. Google will take it loke some help from your side to get him understand your project.

pokersidor

pokersidor New Member

I think it's ok to link from site X to site Y. When I do my competitor research, I see the same guy/girl/company over and over. Not at all only two sites, and they seem to be doing ok. So two sites should be no problem.

Ermin

Ermin Member

I have no problem with this. As i see it what does it matter if you own 2 websites , if they both are "good" and relevant then linking them would actually be helpfull and good.

PROFRBcom

PROFRBcom Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.

What makes you say this? Is there any proof somewhere? I've never heard this before.

ARZ

ARZ Member

I´ve heard something like this (negative SEO for privacy domains) as well, but did not see actual proof. But it can be true, when google likes so much transparency as possible.

Ermin

Ermin Member

I think its wiered to think this is bad? I mean a world where all sites just link out to others and there is never a site that links back to same sites? if i newspapper writes about a great dog site and links, and later the dog sites finds an intresting dog article on same newspapper and then links to this, isnt that the natural way of creating value on internet? When i say i have no problem with this first of like ARZ says im transparent i never hide anything i do or have 5000 diffrent ip adresses and so on. Then when i create sites i create good sites i hope brings value. So if 2 good sites link to eachother i se it as two good friends in same biz that both know what they do , are reliable and therefor they together get a better reputation. I think the point is seen from diffrent anagels becouse some se this as a seo tactic and others like creating value. i can not actually prove that this is making some of my sites ranking better since there is much more then just this to it but what i do know for sure is that it never hurt my sites.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog Guard Dog Staff Member

Well, unfortunately Google rules this roost now :( Originally the internet was designed for this exact purpose... to allow interlinking in the same way a brain works to allow people access to content and details of a topic quickly, easily. With Google - they keep trying to 'fix' their algorithm because people are trying to 'rule' their algorithm. So - it is a never ending battle and the original purpose for the internet has gone by the wayside.