Length of review pages

Frank

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
most askgambler reviews are about 2 or 3 lines and still rank until built upon.. it looks more to do with authority than over article length

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
Hey Enzoo,
sorry a silly question, but how did you get that list with the keyword and word count for Royal Panda? What tool did you use?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

eenzoo

Reaction score
Not a silly question. I use seolyze.com to analyze the content of the top 10 ranking sites because the keyword density alone isn't that helpful.

the_dave

Reaction score
Got to say I agree with WonderPunter on this one. Overall site authority matters more than simply the length of a page. If multi-thousand word pages were all you needed to rank then there'd be a stronger correlation between length of content and serp position.

If you combine authority with length of content, assuming that content is structured and formatted with the user in mind, then you may well be able to gain an edge over your competitors in the serps but length alone won't cut it.

FWIW I tend to publish reviews around the 1,500 word mark and that's been enough to rank well on sites with good authority but without that authority, on newer sites, the content does very little due to the competition that's out there.

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
Got to say I agree with WonderPunter on this one. Overall site authority matters more than simply the length of a page. If multi-thousand word pages were all you needed to rank then there'd be a stronger correlation between length of content and serp position.

Top SERP positions, in a study done by SearchMetrics I believe, showed that top positions in the aggregate, were often 4 1,000-2,000 words long. This wasn't a gambling specific study, but it was a rather large one. They stopped publishing this yearly report, but I think it was in the last one they did which was 16 or 17.

Domain authority obviously carries a lot of weight too and we can see that simply by virtue of what ranks with mediocre, less comprehensive content.

ChipLove88

Reaction score
The longer the better! I find longer page ranking better these days. Try to cover as many things as you can, of course all info must be useful. For me, a review should be at least 2,000 words.

Frank

Reaction score
Top SERP positions, in a study done by SearchMetrics I believe, showed that top positions in the aggregate, were often 4 1,000-2,000 words long. This wasn't a gambling specific study, but it was a rather large one. They stopped publishing this yearly report, but I think it was in the last one they did which was 16 or 17.

Domain authority obviously carries a lot of weight too and we can see that simply by virtue of what ranks with mediocre, less comprehensive content.
A lot of these studies are outdated, based on old desktop results when desktops were dominant, who reads thousandths of words on a mobile device these days? my personal opinion is site authority, and just enough information to give the reader the answer they need.. now if your doing guides, then those are typically long..

The longer the better! I find longer page ranking better these days. Try to cover as many things as you can, of course all info must be useful. For me, a review should be at least 2,000 words.

Depends what you are reviewing...