ISO: CSS Guru / Coder to optimize website's CSS

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I have two files, a style.css and a local.css file.

I KNOW there are some overlapping rules here, because I have seen one cancelling out the other using devtools, while looking into other site issues.

Here and there I have cleaned up sections of code, but I am not master front-end developer and writing CSS is not my thing.

What I need is someone who can go through these two CSS files with a fine-toothed comb looking for inefficiencies in the CSS used, deleting overlapping rules, and generally shrinking the size of the files.

NOTE, I am NOT talking about minifying the files, that is easy stuff and we already do that in the back end.

I need someone who knows how to write code, and ideally, someone who knows what is "expensive CSS" that is slow and difficult to render, and can help us recode anything like that which exists to create a similar effect, without overtaxing the user's devices.

Basically, I want to shave a few KB off of my CSS files by optimizing the **** out of them.

If you have the knowledge and expertise to do this sort of thing, I have money with your name on it!

Help me shave a tenth of a second or two off of my FCP, load times, etc!

icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah, and ultimately, we would simply combine the style and local css files into one (we have this automated in the back end, but I would like one file moving forward, cleaned, optimized, human readable, and kicking ass)

ddm

Former Member
Reaction score
via

"If you are working on chrome you can use this extension:

CSS remove and combine (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/css-remove-and-combine/cdfmaaeapjmacolkojefhfollmphonoh)

• lets you download a combined css with all used styles
  • shows unused styles in popup window
  • includes generated styles
"

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
Thanks DDM.

I know such tools exist, but my issue with them is that they, at least the ones I looked at, only account for CSS on a per page basis.

As such, there is no way to know if snipping CSS here or there will break other pages, mobile views, tablet views, etc.

That is why I am hoping to find a human-based solution.