Is Twitter still relevant for igaming industry?

MissExposé

Staff member
Reaction score
"When you look at the number of people who use Facebook (over 2 billion million active users) – it’s understandable that Twitter isn’t as high on the priority list.

With Facebook and Instagram taking hold of the social media world, there has been significant focus on driving traffic from those mediums."

However...

"Facebook is much more stringent in terms of iGaming advertisements, and promotional material which can be problematic for affiliates and operators alike, so shifting focus to make sure you have all angles covered should be part of your overall social media strategy. What’s also important to remember about Twitter is that they have a younger demographic with 80% of Twitterusers being affluent millennials. This allows you to reach a broader audience."

Read a full story here: https://affiliateinsider.com/affiliate/twitter-igaming-affiliates/

Do you use Twitter for your social media campaigns?

betclever

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Our business was launched on the back of social media, mainly Twitter. Your right what you are saying, Twitter is far more flexible on what you can advertise and also for paid promotion.

However I have noticed a drop in the last year on Twitter, I find it far easier to grow the social channels on Facebook and Instsgram these days.

Also the big issue with Instagram at the moment is you can't post links in any posts unless you have a verified account.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gamblerspro.com

Reaction score
We get decent clicks on Twitter for our weekly football betting tips. It's by far the most successful page on our site and lots of good related tags on Twitter which generate traffic.

B. Scott Taylor

Reaction score
Twitter is still very relevant and has a great betting audience. It's not perfect but it is worth your efforts.

LandofOz

Reaction score
Most of the big affiliate sites regularly post on Twitter. It's my number 1 social media marketing preference.

Joey Grey

Reaction score
It' a yes for me, it can still be good to get exposure on something provided that you are targeting the right market and having relevant content and using the right hashtags prior to the brand you are offering.