Indonesian gambling market

Jim Henson

Reaction score

danieldan

Reaction score
Interesting topic.
I am currently planning to translate my website into Indonesian.
However, I have no idea about the market.

TheGooner

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I assume that it's because the Indonesian government is enforcing internet providers to block the gambling sites main domain.

So to get around this the companies provide a copy of the site on an ip address for Indonesian players to access the games. When that IP address is blocked the site moves again .. and again ... and again.

It's like playing "whack-a-mole" ... every time they ban an ip address a new one starts.

danieldan

Reaction score
So translating a page can be on average profitable. The question is how many Indonesian citizens use VPN and international search engines, because also on this forum I read that there are efforts to google Indonesian gambling content.

I read something like that in this thread.

danieldan

Reaction score
So in your opinion it is worth translating the site into Indonesian? Will it have its recipients despite the blockade?
As is the case with the Russian, which is blocked in Russia, but it is worth having a Russian-speaking website. However, in the case of Indonesian does not look as positive as in the case of Russian?
What do you think?

AleksUnder

Reaction score
In 2010, Indonesian had 42.8 million native speakers and 154.9 million second-language speakers,[1] who speak it alongside their local mother tongue, giving a total number of speakers in Indonesia of 197.7 million.
It's from Wiki.
I also read about the high percentage of citizens who speak english.
I think you need to find information about profit from players\payments systems\etc after that you will be able to make a decision is it worth it or not.

Moonlight Cat

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
As i know, Indonesia is very big gambling market. But very very specific.
They have are lot of local websites and / or mobile apps.
I am reccomended to use brands on betb2b platform.
They created mirrors, have language versions and support local payment methods.