Indonesia on a Google.co.id Gambling Purge

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I'm not concerned as I don't market to this country at all, but it seems Indonesia has taken legal action to force Google to remove gambling related listings from google.co.id.

I received this email from Google yesterday:

Notice of removal from Google Search

To: Webmaster of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Google has received a legal complaint regarding certain URLs from your website, and we’re in the process of blocking content from certain URLs on your website from appearing in our Google Search results on the following country-level services:

https://www.google.co.id

The notice that we received, with any personally identifying information removed, may be found on the website of Lumen, a third-party aggregator of legal complaint notices, at https://lumendatabase.org/notices/23427484.

Please note that it may take several weeks for the notice to be posted on the above page.

What you can do next:​

Speak to a lawyer
If you have legal questions about this notification, you may wish to speak to your own lawyer.

Strider1973

Reaction score
I don't think it's the country of Indonesia but "only" a copyright infringement from someone else.
Did you fill out the lumendatabase form?

I'v received such an email several times. It was always against an article with a sportsbetting prediction and an image which was at least 5 years old.
The first time I entered my email at lumendatabase to find out the reason it was an african TV station complaining. I'm very sure it was a false positive.
The whole system is crap because you can only check that database ONCE per email used. So it's a joke. I ended up deleting the article in question, as it was really not worth the hassle trying to explain that it was a false positive (and in the process needing to reveal a lot of personal data). I don't like this process how it's setup: you can accuse someone and then cause him a lot of work even if you have 0 evidience...

DaftDog

Reaction score
It's a government request which includes thousands of other sites.

Attachments

• lumen-notice.png
    lumen-notice.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 43
  • lumen-notice2.png
    lumen-notice2.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 40