How good is paid links?

Reaction score
I am running a fairly new affiliate site, and I am trying to figure out how good/bad it is to pay other sites to put my links up on their site? What is the worst case scenario?

pco

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I am running a fairly new affiliate site, and I am trying to figure out how good/bad it is to pay other sites to put my links up on their site? What is the worst case scenario?

that you will get a manual penalty from google, and won't rank anymore.

pco

Reaction score
Okay, yeah that wouldnt be too good. And how worried do I need to be about that?

It depends, not if you don't care about your site.

In the gambling industry it's very hard to rank without buying links, so you will need to take risk if you want to rank for some more serious keywords.

Reaction score
Yeah, I do care about my site.
Okay, thanks! Any links or sites that are better or worse? Like generally speaking.

pco

Reaction score
Yeah, I do care about my site.
Okay, thanks! Any links or sites that are better or worse? Like generally speaking.

generally speaking, make them look as natural as possible, preferably on authority sites, in content about the subject. google is getting smarter and smarter. if you can't spot the paid link in a blog post, you did a great job :)

StepGart

Reaction score
Hi!
In the backlink, relevance and thematic are important. Try to find themed sites with your site and give back links to your site. Do not forget about the social networks, they generate good traffic, and do not require large expenses.

Reaction score
Hi!
In the backlink, relevance and thematic are important. Try to find themed sites with your site and give back links to your site. Do not forget about the social networks, they generate good traffic, and do not require large expenses.

Great advice, thanks!

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
yeah, you do need to buy links to rank. If you do it well, you will not get penalized.

jopaa

Reaction score
Try to find themed sites with your site and give back links to your site.

It doesn't work for gambling!!! Did you ever tried to contact someone that have a gambling related website and ask for a link? Most webmasters won't add a link to your website even if you pay for it.

Catfish

Reaction score
There are tons of sites out there where you can buy links, blog posts etc. Just be careful that they cannot be infiltrated by Google - they have been known to sign up at a site and harvest the URLs of sites that put up links for sales.

Catfish

Reaction score
Seedingup, for one. Although honestly I do prefer to do business directly with members from the affiliate community.
Also, links from non-gambling sites can have value as well. IMHO it is all a matter of finding the right mix.

jopaa

Reaction score
Seedingup, for one.

Just looked at this website but I can say nothing about the quality of the backlinks because you must pay for the service first and then you get access to the website where your baklink will be placed. Also, if you don't like the website then you can only "cancel" the order for a limited amount of times:
What do I do if I do not like the website offered? (After disclosure of the URL)
For all bookings on our marketplace, we disclose the URL immediately after receipt of payment. If you do not agree with a URL, you can withdraw from the booking until the Publisher has finally accepted the booking. Disclosure of the booking to the Publisher is somewhat delayed so that the URL can be checked directly after receipt of payment. Please note that this process is not possible as many times as you like.

Using the dashboard in your customer account, you can see an overview of bookings with the status "Open booking request". As long as the option to cancel still exists, you will see the link to the cancellation next to your booking.

Even if some of the publishers may accept gambling and place your backlink on a quality website this seems very time consuming.

Catfish

Reaction score
I know, but they have some good sites there. And once you have ordered a few links, they will change your status and you can see the domains before booking. If you are seriously interested in some high-DA sites (non-gambling though), I have a guy who has a long list of sites he can publish on. They accept gambling links. PM me if interested.

Reaction score
There are tons of sites out there where you can buy links, blog posts etc. Just be careful that they cannot be infiltrated by Google - they have been known to sign up at a site and harvest the URLs of sites that put up links for sales.

And how I am suppose to determine if a site can be infiltrated by google or not?

Catfish

Reaction score
The fact that the URLs are "masked" for new signups is one measure those sites take to protect them against Google.

Reaction score
The fact that the URLs are "masked" for new signups is one measure those sites take to protect them against Google.
Okay, thanks. Will keep an eye out for this then. But integrated links in form of blog post will be less likely to be "detected" I take it?