How do you handle tax? Register off-shore company?

GamblingTrafficer

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a new Malta/Sweden based affiliate having questions about how to handle tax in the right way? Right now I get paid straight into my bank account (Revolut) or Skrill without paying any tax. What is compliance regarding this?

Should I register an off-shore company? And if so where? Does anyone have any tips?

All input is appreciated! Thanks.

Conft

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Speak to an accountant in your country of residence first I'd suggest, forums aren't a good place for this kind of advice.

GamblingTrafficer

Reaction score
Speak to an accountant in your country of residence first I'd suggest, forums aren't a good place for this kind of advice.

Thanks for the input. I will definitely do that. But it's hard to find someone with insight into the iGaming affiliate buisness. So any help here would be great as well.

TheGooner

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a new Malta/Sweden based affiliate having questions about how to handle tax in the right way? Right now I get paid straight into my bank account (Revolut) or Skrill without paying any tax. What is compliance regarding this?.

I'm pretty sure that you know what the compliance is - you need to declare earnings at end of year and pay appropriate personal / business tax rates.

Setting up an offshore company in a "tax haven" won't help you unless you want to also live there too. Eventually you will want access to the profits and when you take them to use personally you will be liable for taxes in your country.

CL-Ed

Reaction score
how to handle tax in the right way?

That's pretty easy. Pay it.

Don't be a leech who expects everyone else in society to pay for the things you take for granted. You want to avoid tax by registering in some 3rd world tax haven, then sure go ahead and move there.

Biti

Reaction score
Compliance is that you declare your income and your taxes in the country(ies) where you're tax resident. In this case that might be Sweden and/or Malta.

I would register a company in the country you're living. That's the easiest and less troubles. Unless you're a company making millions and millions profit, it makes no sense to bother with tax haven constructions to duck taxes.

There's also no need to have an accountant specialized in iGaming, as it's about paying taxes, not about gambling law.

preditor

Reaction score
To awnser you here also.
1. go to verksamt.se and register your business. You can use your BankID for it.
2. Pay 1200 sek (cant remember excact amount now).
3. Print out your fictive / temp company papers out, go to a local bank and open a bankaccount to the tem. company where you deposit 25000 SEK.
4. after the bank have sent in a automatic verification to bolagsverket (company registration service in sweden), you will recive a real company reg number.
5. contact your bank and have them edit the fictive and temp company details to the real, registered ones.
Finnish.
Takes less than 2 weeks in total.

Also register for moms, that way you get VAT numbers and as "arbetsgivare" if you will take sallery from the company.

This is how to register a AB in Sweden, you can also register as a eget företagare, basicly the easy form of company (self employd) but here the rules are in other ways.
You can read all of it on verksamt.se and also from skatteverket.se

Sorry my non english words, i dont know what they are in English, but i can incure you that their boooooooriiiiiing like every other goverment/tax/byrocratic things