how do SE's determine weather the reciprocal link has relevant content?

T3ddyBlair

Reaction score
So i had a thought...
We all now how important reciprocal links are, but how does Google decide if the site you are linking with has related content?
Like if i was to link with a computer gaming communities, would the SE's consider these as related content sites?

Regards.

Blair.H

sipka

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
You can find out what Google think relevant to a search term by typing ~ before your keyword. This way you can map out how Google connects the relevant keywords.

For example for the keyword "poker":

~poker - Google Search

You can see in the search results that Google associates "poker" with "hold'em", "card games", "games" etc. All the bolded words in the results will be an association Google uses to determine relevancy.

So in your example the theme "gaming" could make a relevant link.

Also if you scroll down to the bottom of the search results you will see there "Searches related to: ~poker" - this also shows how Google sees the connection between keywords (and a secret tip I use: these related searches are a goldmine for long-tail keyword researches :p )

T3ddyBlair

Reaction score
Hi Sipka, thanks for the reply.
I'm not trying to sound smart or anything like that, but isn't that the same as just typing in the keyword normally. Every keyword i put in came up the same as if i didn't use the ~.

Kind regards.

Blair.H