Horrible PRIVATE messaging...

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what is the jig with sending someone a private message? I hate logging in and seeing messages I think im sending to a particular person showing up on the right hand side of the message board.... whats the point of having a public private discussion? if its going to be for anyone to see it might as well be in the forum, and if its private it shouldn't be on the sidebar..

Can this be fixed? :) Thanks....

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Then you are not sending a private message. Those are profile posts. If you go to your inbox (upper right), then compose a message, it goes to that person only. If you post on someone's profile (same as vbulletin and every other forum), it is publicly accessible.

bukowski

Reaction score
Is it also possible to get down the post quota to allow PMs`? I know we should be encouraged to activity, but a lot of people are interested in buying/selling websites etc. Hard to get a market when you cant PM between each other.

Bonus Paradise

Reaction score
what about conversations, I assume those are private?

Conversations are private.

Conversations are on this forum software what many of us know as private message with the difference that more people can be invited to the conversation.

You may choose who you invite. Even at a later time, you have the option to invite more people to the conversation.

If you start a conversation there are also these 2 options to check:

Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others
Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)

I never make use of the 1st option, means I never check it. Don't like it.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it also possible to get down the post quota to allow PMs`? I know we should be encouraged to activity, but a lot of people are interested in buying/selling websites etc. Hard to get a market when you cant PM between each other.

It is possible by request, but if I let PMs (conversations) to everyone, then we will have spammers spamming the PM/Conversation feature. I can't allow that, it is hard enough to control spam on a gaming forum :)

what about conversations, I assume those are private?

Bonus Paradise is absolutely correct. Conversations are private, they are the same thing as PM on vbulletin. The difference, as mentioned, is that you CAN invite more than 1 person to the conversation.

WCD Admin

Reaction score
https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/members/guard-dog.24/ <-- apparently I'm not the only one.
Should the wording should be changed maybe? all this just so I can have a 'conversation' with multiple people?

I use the forums or I'm private... the need for a 3way Private Message system is about the same as I need 3-way calling on my telephone.

I'll keep all this in mind when messaging people... its not very intuitive in my opinion.... profile posts? But why? I mean whats the point of a profile post? (just saying)