High speed fiber - hooked up today

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
The only BIG difference and advantage for me:
  • The wife and I can both watch streaming movies, without it glitching.
  • Steam downloads are 8x faster (average 2gig in 3min). And, with a low ping, I'm not getting fragged as much in multi-player games.
  • We can all use the internet and I'm not hampered when uploading to servers.
As far as generalised internet stuff. Pages do load a lot faster BUT pages etc will only load as fast as the server's alotted bandwidth. Downloading backups etc, are still coming down at the same speed (throttled?) as they did when on ADSL2+. So no major benefit there, other than upload speeds.

jopaa

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I will buy myself a new PC this Christmas and then upgrade my internet connection to a 1000 Mbps one, which is the maximum speed where I live

Ermac

Reaction score
I finally decide to post my speed here, it's 5 mbs for download and 3-4 for upload with about 10-15 ping...

Ermac

Reaction score
I will buy myself a new PC this Christmas and then upgrade my internet connection to a 1000 Mbps one, which is the maximum speed where I live
Are you kidding me?! 1000 mbps? i can't imagine the speed of that :eek::D

Ermac

Reaction score
I can not believe how this is possible. OMG ,it is almost impossible. Ok, I want to live with you. I'll pay that €10/month :cool::D

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score

jopaa

Reaction score
I'm paying 11x that for a 10'th of the speed.

Well, €110 is half on the minimum salary in the country I live in right now so nobody will buy it at that price. The 100Mbps Fiber plan cost me little less than €6 right now so €10/month will be almost double :D.
This is the "disadvantage" of living in a "3rd world" European country :p.

Ermac

Reaction score
Well, €110 is half on the minimum salary in the country I live in right now so nobody will buy it at that price. The 100Mbps Fiber plan cost me little less than €6 right now so €10/month will be almost double :D.
This is the "disadvantage" of living in a "3rd world" European country :p.
Where are you from?! Wonder what the country with such a quick internet..

slotplayer

Reaction score
The only good thing about my Verizon fios plan is the digital phone. Super clear. First call I could immediately hear the difference.

jopaa

Reaction score
Where are you from?!

I'm not "from" but just living (for now) in Romania.

OFF topic: Beautiful country with even more beautiful girls:p and fast/cheap internet connection

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score

Ermac

Reaction score

OFF topic: Beautiful country with even more beautiful girls:p and fast/cheap internet connection
Actually i want to be in Romania for a few days .. Beautiful romanian girls.. They are amazing i guess :cool:

Ermac

Reaction score

But what i know about this country is the best football striker ever (for Romania) - Adrian Mutu and a little bit about gambling laws :D

jopaa

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't like football so I don't know anything about this Mutu. As for the laws, gambling was legalized at the end of last year. For affiliates is a little bit ambiguous but for now you can open a marketing company and just pay taxes like any other company. They said some 3rd level licenses will be introduced this year and all affiliates will need to pay €6000 for the license no matter if you are promoting to Romanians or you have English websites.

However, the good thing is that it will be possible for a small group of affiliates (not mentioned what small means) to "buy" and "work" under the same license so the "problem" is half solved.

Either way, it is worth living here if you make some money because with mid xxxx commissions you will be able to buy yourself an apartment in 6 months.

Ermac

Reaction score
By legalizing the gambling Romania could bring much more gamblers..
Mutu was drug addict too...