Hello, new affiliate here!

Consultant

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I used to be a consultant. Now I am alive.

Will launch my first affiliate site soon.

Have had some experience in the past, but got hosting problems, never solved them and lost my player base (had other things on my mind back than).

Hope to meet you all soon. :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to AGD! Let us know how we can help you get a quick start. We have plenty of seasoned affiliates here and most questions can be answered pretty quickly.

Consultant

Reaction score
Welcome to AGD! Let us know how we can help you get a quick start. We have plenty of seasoned affiliates here and most questions can be answered pretty quickly.

Thanks. I have 2 questions: One about incorporation in Hong Kong and one about good web developers. Will search for it and start an thread if I don't find an answer.

pgavin

Reaction score
Welcome to AGD! I look forward to seeing the site, keep us posted on how things go.

Marit VS

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Welcome - I'm interesting, what kind of consultant and how were you dead? ;)

Consultant

Reaction score
Thanks!

The project should be finished in 4 weeks if all goes well.

Consultant

Reaction score
Welcome - I'm interesting, what kind of consultant and how were you dead? ;)

I worked for one of the 3 well known strategy consulting firms (McKinsey/BCG/Bain).

I was dying because I was booked for a project for a bailed out bank which took ages to start, which meant that 1. I missed some great projects (such as a big M&A case for a large cap london PE fund) and 2. I was expected to help out a company which shouldn't have been alive in my libertarian opinion.

The original plan was to transfer to private equity after 2 years, but because of my limited PE exposure the only reasonable shot I had after 1 year (I desperately wanted out) was a mid market fund. The problem with these funds is that career progress is limited (in PE you make your career by transfering to other shops, most easily from top PE fund to partner in lesser PE fund), so instead of going the mid market PE route or staying a consultant for a few more years (so I could get the PE exposure needed for top PE) I decided to start a venture and see how it goes.