Good to be home

TheGamblingGuru

Turning Over Stones
Reaction score
What the hell caused all of that? Did Andy's server company go bust or something and he had to change servers? ???

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
What the hell caused all of that? Did Andy's server company go bust or something and he had to change servers? ???

No the server company is one of the best out there, actually, according to WebHostingTalk.com. I won't give the name of them because they have done a good job over the last 2 years.

Whatever happened on the server, they couldn't seem to fix. They wanted me to move to a dedicated server for about 5x the cost.

I decided to consolidate to one of my other hosted servers instead and the move took some efforts. Over the years, I had installed a number of extensions to enhance the forums here and the payments system as well. I didn't quite remember to install all of them when the move happened and that caused some problems.

The mobile template (that allowed the iPhone, Palm Pre, and Google Android phones to see the forums) was also causing problems on this new servers. I will probably have to redesign that, though :( It had to be completely removed for the forums to work properly.

And, finally, some DNS issues didn't help either :)

The move didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped, but the problems are gone (that existed on the old server). so - I don't expect Apache to crash anymore nor do I expect to see the 'MySQL has gone away' errors anymore.

It is a thorn that I hope is now fully removed.

sipka

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Glad to be at home again :)

:smellie_kiss:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too!!!! :) Glad everything is working once again. Took some time but the speed increase is tremendous.

sipka

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
If anything, the transition made you build the best new words in the world that I use now with big laughs :D
I just say "Nucking Futs" jackolantern

Me too!!!! :) Glad everything is working once again. Took some time but the speed increase is tremendous.