Getting more traffic from Baidu than Google and Bing combined

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
It could be bots...I'm not sure how to differentiate between bots and humans in Google analytics.

lol you can't see that data in Google.

The only way to view that type of data, is to view your raw stats file. Look at each entry that's using the identifier "Baidu"... Check out the IP addresses.

Alchemist

User-Requested Account Closure
Reaction score
Well, then it must be bots and spiders.

Thomas Andreas

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
is anyone trying to rank on any other search engine than google and is it worth it?

NDG

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
If you don't have any pages in Chinese, then it is most likely bots. Only around 1% of
people in China speak English, but even those people are probably searching in Chinese.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Usually, when people ask these questions, I'm surprised at the number of affiliates who are totally clueless about their raw-log-stats. FYI... most hosting has cPanel, you can download a copy of your Raw Log File(s)...

I use Dreamweaver, but you could use Notepad or Wordpad, and simple use the SEARCH function, to find ALL entries (in this case) Baidu. Time consuming yes.

However, it's the only way to find out if your getting visits from Baidu or a bot spoofing the Baidu UA ;) When you have that info and those IP's, your then a little smarter to what traffic is hitting your site!