Facebook Post Engagement

Oracle

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
If you look at your facebook page you can see in your facebook 'Post Insights' how many people have 'engaged' with your posts. If you click on the link on your facebook page when you are logged in you can get this information.

I am wondering what is the percentage of the people who have seen your posts who have engaged with the post. Engagement is the number of times someone has clicked on your post, liked your post or shared your post.

For simplicity lets just focus on the last 5 posts. For my posts it is extremely small at just 5% when these posts are specifically tailored to the people who have liked my page's main topic.

How can this be increased?

Vladi

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
This is difficult to answer without knowing more about the people who have liked your page. I looked at our previous 10 posts and have an even lower engagement than that at around 4%. I know a couple of things - the reach of each post has plummeted over the past year as Facebook has attempted to persuade people to pay to boost posts. Unfortunately if you have a gambling focused page this is near impossible as they will almost always reject an attempt to boost a post unless you are "pre-approved" which in the real world means you commit to spending more than $10k a month with them. So no matter if you have thousands of people liking your page, sometimes your posts will only be seen by 50 or 60 people. The other thing that I am sure of is that a large proportion of "people" that like pages are in fact bots or accounts held by spammers, and naturally this severely affects your engagement metrics. Why would they like your page if you didn't pay them to? To hide in plain site, by making the accounts look natural by liking lots of different things.