cPanel Changing Pricing Structure

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
cPanel are changing the way they charge, they will soon be charging per cPanel account and not per server as previously done. :eek:

"This licensing guide provides an in-depth overview of cPanel’ s new account based pricing and licensing structure. Our pricing and licensing will now be standardized for all of our customers, be billed monthly, and include multiple Tiers." Read more here.

jopaa

Reaction score
Got an email from my server provider too. Can't wait to see how much I will pay for all the cpanels I have on my main VPS :p.

Plesk can be a decent alternative as some web hosting companies are offering it for free.

illuminati

Reaction score
You can always switch to CentOS Web Panel (CWP). It's a quite decent hosting platform which is 100% free. I already switched all of my dedicated and virtual servers to CWP little more than a year ago even though you have to know what you are doing this open source hosting platform can gives you that rock solid base you always wanted w/o paying a penny for it.

Look at this uptime ( imgur . com/a/KacMxUc ) I had 0 downtime since I moved >100 websites to this server. Even my load is constantly on 0.00 while I'm having 1500-2000 concurrent visitors all the time.

Some of the features:
Nginx/PHP-FPM & Reverse Proxy
Varnish Cache server with per domain config
CloudLinux + CageFS + PHP Selector
LiteSpeed Enterprise
cPanel Account Migration (restores files, databases and database users)
... you can find the full list on their community website (google: centos web panel features)

Disclaimer: I don't work for CentOS Web Panel. It would be very cool too though.