Commission tier 2 and 30% commission being actually far less.

mgbonus

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share information/opinions on this issue:
Getting up to Tier2 with a net revenue of more than 5000£/month, the 30% commission showing at the chart of 32redaffiliates.com webpage isn't quite accurate.
Let's say one earns 6000£ in one month,
They'll only get 25% of the first 5000£ and 30% from the part that goes over 5k.
So the commission would be:
0.25x5000 + 0,30x1000 = 1550£ instead of being 0,3x 6000 = 1800£ which actually means a 25,8% commission instead of 30%.
Even with 15000£/month it would mean a commission of 28,3% total.

I wasn't aware of this. I'm sure it's been there all the time but other programs tend to pay the whole amount based on the tier achieved instead of chopping it up.
I'm not accusing 32Red of anything. Would just appreciate of having a straight-forward example on their homepage showing the actual commission structure.
Looking at the chart now gives an idea that getting over 5k would mean 30% commission...it actually doesn't.
Which other programs have this kinda structure these days? ???

CaseyM

Reaction score
Can anyone share information/opinions on this issue:
Getting up to Tier2 with a net revenue of more than 5000£/month, the 30% commission showing at the chart of 32redaffiliates.com webpage isn't quite accurate.
Let's say one earns 6000£ in one month,
They'll only get 25% of the first 5000£ and 30% from the part that goes over 5k.
So the commission would be:
0.25x5000 + 0,30x1000 = 1550£ instead of being 0,3x 6000 = 1800£ which actually means a 25,8% commission instead of 30%.
Even with 15000£/month it would mean a commission of 28,3% total.

I wasn't aware of this. I'm sure it's been there all the time but other programs tend to pay the whole amount based on the tier achieved instead of chopping it up.
I'm not accusing 32Red of anything. Would just appreciate of having a straight-forward example on their homepage showing the actual commission structure.
Looking at the chart now gives an idea that getting over 5k would mean 30% commission...it actually doesn't.
Which other programs have this kinda structure these days? ???

I know a lot of other programs do this with their tiers even poker but I can't think which ones off the top of my head, am not sure if thats helpful lol but 32red are definitely not alone

slotsaff

Reaction score
Hi, this is quite common practice with NetRefer affiliate programmes - speak to the team there as they are very good & I'm sure will solve the problem for you :)

mgbonus

Reaction score
Hi, this is quite common practice with NetRefer affiliate programmes - speak to the team there as they are very good & I'm sure will solve the problem for you :)

Have already spoken with them.
The post I made was just a heads-up for people in case someone assumes (as I did) that the higher tier and percentage would apply to the entire commission as it does with most Microgaming affiliate programs I think.
If 32Red had a clear example next to the commission chart on their page, it would probably mean less confusion.