Chipsplit - splits! ARGH

RyanWeb

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Coinbase doesn't allow you to use its services for online gambling funds. Affiliate payments are pretty close to that. The very cheap and easy way to get around that and make sure you don't have any issues with your Coinbase account being closed is to use an intermediary wallet that doesn't care such as blockchain.info - which I listed, step by step, in the article I linked to in my first post ITT.

But is there really anyway for them to know whats the source? And for me, my payments are for marketing.. I don't use it for gambling in anyway.

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is hilarious to say the least. But, of course, they can easily figure out if it is a gaming expense if they keep a list. Skrill certainly seems to know the difference even when a payment is from an affiliate company instead of the gaming company itself they have blocked it from me. I have to tell them about once a month WHY I am getting the payments so they can unblock stuff.

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
But is there really anyway for them to know whats the source? And for me, my payments are for marketing.. I don't use it for gambling in anyway.

Yes, there are ways for them to figure out the source. There's also taint analysis and whatnot. Not everyone uses bitcoin in the best manner to keep anonymity in tact.

You may use the funds solely for marketing, but that does little good if they think it's for online gambling b/c the people that pay you don't distinguish their bitcoin accounts, and they close your accounts... My suggestion adds 3 minutes and approximately 10 cents to your costs for accepting and using bitcoin. A small price to pay for insurance wouldn't you say?

Laugh at the idea of a bitcoin exchange getting fussy about the end-user activities or people that use it's service to transfer bitcoins ...
:confused:

Well, the difference here is that Coinbase has a US license, and thus, it has to care where the funds come from if it wishes to keep said license. Coinbase has in fact closed accounts of players linked to online gambling at multiple online gambling sites. I first heard about it in association with SWCPoker transfers.

Yeah, that is hilarious to say the least. But, of course, they can easily figure out if it is a gaming expense if they keep a list. Skrill certainly seems to know the difference even when a payment is from an affiliate company instead of the gaming company itself they have blocked it from me. I have to tell them about once a month WHY I am getting the payments so they can unblock stuff.

Correct, if money is traced back to online gambling, you can be in for some issues. Best to use an intermediary and avoid that potentiality. There are instances on Google of closed accounts for those that don't believe me. :)

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Not everyone uses bitcoin in the best manner to keep anonymity in tact.

Agreed, from what I read everyone should be generating a new bitcoin address for every new transaction.

My suggestion adds 3 minutes and approximately 10 cents to your costs for accepting and using bitcoin. A small price to pay for insurance wouldn't you say?

You mean generate the bitcoin address from blockchain, then transfer the funds over your coinbase address once sent?

slotplayer

Reaction score

not to derail, but you're using Skrill as a payment method?

Frank

Reaction score
I have not had any problems using a bitcoin wallet and gambling, are you guys based in the U.S? the one i use actually promotes certain gaming companies also however they will not send debit cards into the USA.. Land of the free

Frank

Reaction score
Policy or Legality? Because I wouldn't mind getting one of those..
I think legality, It only says USA .. not U.S citizen.. so not sure if a u.s citizen non resident could get a card, i have actually grown to rely on the card a lot, i have switched most of my neteller payments to it for those that have the option, I have had a couple of occasions where bank ATM couldn't connect and funds were held for 24 hours before being credited back, but in general it works well

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I have not had any problems using a bitcoin wallet and gambling, are you guys based in the U.S? the one i use actually promotes certain gaming companies also however they will not send debit cards into the USA.. Land of the free

As I understand it, Coinbase has a license in the USA. As such, they have to worry about offending the US government, and thus, their T&C does not allow for using their services for gambling transactions. They do service 32 countries, it may only apply to the US for all I know. I just know that people located in the US have had their accounts closed for being linked to online gambling.

My opinion is that online gambling affiliates would suffer the same fate, b/c it's a corporation, operating in the USA, trying to play it safe.

Headphones

Reaction score
Now that everyone has been paid their final commission payments. Is anyone keen to take this further as a group?