Betway, binning off UK affiliates

Bombati

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi

I’m trying to make sense of your removal of U.K. players and have a couple of questions

1) Will we be still paid of previous customers from the U.K. given?

2) If we are not been paid then are you still allowing the customers we’ve spent years and money on referring to you still active?

3) We have a database of all the players submitted to Betway, are we okay to contact them letting them know the situation?

4) And this is the most hurtful one, I’m so disappointed you do not feel that we are good enough to remain as your affiliate partner.

I’ll await your reply within 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
Hi,

We are writing to inform you that due to the changing regulatory landscape in the UK, we have made the decision to reduce our affiliate base in the UK. Consequently, it is with regret that we will be ending our affiliate relationship with you in relation to the UK market only.

The ability to meet evolving regulatory requirements within the UK is key to our business strategy, therefore we have taken this difficult decision to ensure we maintain the highest standards of marketing from a compliance and responsible gambling perspective. Although we will continue to work with selected partners, rest assured that this announcement covers the vast majority of our UK affiliate database. We are grateful for the hard work and dedication all our partners have invested in promoting the Betway brand in the UK.

This decision does not impact our non-UK activity, so if you are planning to, or already promote Betway in other territories across the globe then we look forward to carrying on our relationship with you in this regard.

We will be able to continue working with you up until the 30th April 2020 in the UK. In the meantime, our team will be on hand to respond to any queries you may have – you can get in touch via support@betwaypartners.com.

The action required from you is to please remove any Betway promotional materials from UK facing assets by 30th April 2020. In accordance with our terms, all UK related commission will cease on 30th April 2020. Non-UK commission will continue to be paid.

Once again, we would like to reiterate our gratitude for your partnership with us in the UK and thank you for all of your efforts.

Best Regards,
The Betway Partners Team

How nice that they will allow you to send them players up until the 30th when they will just take them off you.

Thought you might have been one of the few allowed to continue Aidan on past history etc...

How long before they do to other countries when it suits them. I have sites that are compliant and see plenty of others that are not. Bet they are allowed to particpate in their program.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
i'm just a number on a spreadsheet mate, there's only about 5 affiliate managers that even remember me never mind remember what I used to send lol. Quickly noticed most programs are only bothered about you if you have top rankings now, history means nothing. You can go from hero to zero in a matter of days, at least I didn't go that way due to rankings. That's just given me an idea of a thread....

Bombati

Reaction score
Hi,

We are writing to inform you that due to the changing regulatory landscape in the UK, we have made the decision to reduce our affiliate base in the UK. Consequently, it is with regret that we will be ending our affiliate relationship with you in relation to the UK market only.

The ability to meet evolving regulatory requirements within the UK is key to our business strategy, therefore we have taken this difficult decision to ensure we maintain the highest standards of marketing from a compliance and responsible gambling perspective. Although we will continue to work with selected partners, rest assured that this announcement covers the vast majority of our UK affiliate database. We are grateful for the hard work and dedication all our partners have invested in promoting the Betway brand in the UK.

This decision does not impact our non-UK activity, so if you are planning to, or already promote Betway in other territories across the globe then we look forward to carrying on our relationship with you in this regard.

We will be able to continue working with you up until the 30th April 2020 in the UK. In the meantime, our team will be on hand to respond to any queries you may have – you can get in touch via support@betwaypartners.com.

The action required from you is to please remove any Betway promotional materials from UK facing assets by 30th April 2020. In accordance with our terms, all UK related commission will cease on 30th April 2020. Non-UK commission will continue to be paid.

Once again, we would like to reiterate our gratitude for your partnership with us in the UK and thank you for all of your efforts.

Best Regards,
The Betway Partners Team

How nice that they will allow you to send them players up until the 30th when they will just take them off you.

Thought you might have been one of the few allowed to continue Aidan on past history etc...

How long before they do to other countries when it suits them. I have sites that are compliant and see plenty of others that are not. Bet they are allowed to particpate in their program.

Exactly, what a shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk