Be Aware! You Can Expose Your Valuable Information!

gm2891

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Just came across someone's post on Telegram chats regarding Lightshot Screenshots that if you change a letter by letter of the screenshot URL

you will be able to see screenshots which been taken previously by other users.

For example, let's take this address prnt.sc/bvugoj (or you can take any other).

If you change any of the last letters you will see a different screenshot.

Because of curiosity, I decided to try it myself and after a couple of clicks discovered a screenshot with somebody's email address and a password

to a cryptocurrency exchange.

I thought that it can't be real, but it took me less than a minute to log in and see his 3.5 BTC balance.

I have already notified the owner and we are in contact right now.

So, be careful what you are screenshotting with this tool as you can expose your secret messages, passwords or your naked body parts...lol

macbr

Reaction score
It's just a scam, I don't know if they use these images elsewhere. however, to withdraw the alleged BTC, you need to ironically send some BTC to a wallet as "confirmation".

gm2891

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
It's not about those bitcoins, but I'm sure some with malicious intent would find a way how to transfer them away.
The thing is that many people use such an online tool for their screenshot sharing, and if they don't tick a self-delete after 123 hours,
their screenshots will still be discoverable by simply changing letters in the URL slug.
And as a rule, many people often screenshot things that are really private and important for them.